• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad News from Hain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad News from Hain.

The much esteemed Right Honourable Peter Hain MP is reported on teletext as saying that Bliar may well go on until 2010...

Discuss, commit suicide, etc.

Take no notice. Hain is an idiot.

Comment

Blair

Said it himslef down in OZ. He has hinted that he may not step down
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
        Said it himslef down in OZ. He has hinted that he may not step down
        Do I hate Blair so much that I want him to go.

Or do I hate Brown so much I want Blair to stay.

That's a tough one.

I feel a stabbity stab moment coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
          Do I hate Blair so much that I want him to go.

Or do I hate Brown so much I want Blair to stay.

That's a tough one.

I feel a stabbity stab moment coming on.
          I like Blair and I like Brown. They should rule together and make everyone happy.

Comment

I truly hope Gaydon gets the keys to No. 10 soon

After 12+ months with him in charge the party will start to show their true colours with brave new zanuNL initiative after initiative.

Hence, we would be guaranteed no more NewLiebour for at least a generation.

I hate Bliar with a passion - but I hate Gaydon more.

Comment

I'd rather like Blair to stay. The longer he stays, the more people hate him. It is actually very amusing to watch him flitting about, looking in vain for a decent legacy. Sorry Tony, it's incompetence, sleaze and Iraq for you!

And I'd like Brown to stay at the Treasury as long as possible while Labour are in power, to make sure he gets the blame for his so-called "brilliance".

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
                I truly hope Gaydon gets the keys to No. 10 soon

After 12+ months with him in charge the party will start to show their true colours with brave new zanuNL initiative after initiative.

Hence, we would be guaranteed no more NewLiebour for at least a generation.

I hate Bliar with a passion - but I hate Gaydon more.
                I agree with you. My problem is that I hate the Tories even more.

Comment

Well Blair's been vague all along, so 2010 was always a possibility. And a likely one too. When governments switch leaders it's usually towards the end of the term, for reasons EternalNomad suggests. Which is kind of fair enough: it would have been a bit rude for Blair to win the general election and hand over a few months later.

Comment

Blair has to go sooner rather than later. Yes he could stay on and keep producing the negative press, but all that does in make Brown look like a more creidble alternative. What is needed is for Blair to step down and Brown to have as short a honeymoon period as possible. The worst scenario is Blair stepping down 12 months before the next election and Brown getting a victory because he is not as bad as Blair.

I'd also like to see NL getting as much bad press as the tories suffered. What they are getting now is nothing to what they deserve. Today it is expected that they will announce that they are missing the CO2 figures. What does Brown do, slap a £40 tax onto large cars. What does Blair do, step onto a plane and fly to the other side of the world. How much CO2 is produced by all the cars in the UK in comparison to the amount produced when the Blair tribe go on thier freeloaders holidays around the globe?
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X