• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

aaarrgghhh Office 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aaarrgghhh Office 2007

all pc's at clientco have been upgraded to Office 2007

it's taken me an hour to figure out how to print from excel

it's kind of like Word / Excel etc for the iphone generation everything is pretty
    pictures instead of words and menus is that because the next generation cannot read ?

oh well

Milan.

They went downhill ever since Office 97.

All they needed to do was to increase max number of rows in Excel and kill Clippy*

HTH

Not CUK Clippy...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

it's kind of like Word / Excel etc for the iphone generation everything is pretty
      pictures instead of words and menus is that because the next generation cannot read ?

oh well

Milan.
      Ctrl-P you luddite.

They're called Ribbons btw, you know the stuff you program for clients to change their tapes???
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

For maximum confusion, leave Hide extensions for known file types switched on and try to convert a load of OpenOffice documents to MS Office formats.

Result: a load of files which all have the same name, and you have to guess which format they are by looking at the icons.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

oh well

Milan.
          Have to agree with you on that old benes it's a pile of pointless shiite- & illustrates what happens when clueless change-for-change sake types get into positions to influence companies

Whenever I get these "wtf were they thinking of moments, the idiots from the Apprentice and their brain storming sessions spring to mind.
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            They went downhill ever since Office 97.

All they needed to do was to increase max number of rows in Excel and kill Clippy*

HTH

Not CUK Clippy...
            nah row count was fine, I only wanted more that 65K rows when I was using excel stupidly
            sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

oh well

Milan.
              Why didn't you use the option of retaining the old 2003 look and feel? That's what I did when I upgraded to Office 2007.

I've got 2010 now, and decided to get used to the ribbons. When I can't find a command I look it up in the Help.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Why didn't you use the option of retaining the old 2003 look and feel?
                Was there such option in 2007? I certainly could not find it in 2010 - whoever decided to remove "classic" view with Menues that generation of people got trained it is a bigger cretin than product of sasguru and andyW's love.

Comment

what are you talking about ribbons ? you been smoking something ?

as for 2003 look and feel had no choice it autoinstalled when I booted up last week

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Have to agree with you on that old benes it's a pile of pointless shiite- & illustrates what happens when clueless change-for-change sake types get into positions to influence companies
                    By that logic, the standard menu system we all know and love wouldn't have been created either.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X