• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family finally explodes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family finally explodes

Well after 30+ years of simmering resentments and feuds, my family (siblings, parents) have finally exploded. My dad is seriously ill in hospital abroad, where he lives, so naturally, evryone has gone bananas at each other, except at me as I get on with everyone and stay out of it - AND I INTEND TO KEEP OUT OF IT IF YOU ARE READING SO STOP TRYING TO DRAG ME INTO IT.

Mrs OG's family is similarly screwed up. Anyone else?

Oh god my family..where to start, lets just say that for a quiet life I leave them to get on with it.

You are not alone
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Real Family or Practically Family?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My family get on fine. We only see each other about once every two or so years though.

Mrs PRC's family get on with each other in a similar way to Israelis and Palestinians.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Well after 30+ years of simmering resentments and feuds, my family (siblings, parents) have finally exploded. My dad is seriously ill in hospital abroad, where he lives, so naturally, evryone has gone bananas at each other, except at me as I get on with everyone and stay out of it - AND I INTEND TO KEEP OUT OF IT IF YOU ARE READING SO STOP TRYING TO DRAG ME INTO IT.

Immediate family - we have our scraps but generally we all get on, ok. Although right now, I could cheerfully beat the living daylights out of my brother for being a cock.

Extended family.... all the f3cking time. Usually the same one or two at the root of it all mind you.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Why would your family be reading CUK?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              My family get on fine. We only see each other about once every two or so years though.

Mrs PRC's family get on with each other in a similar way to Israelis and Palestinians.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

No apart from the odd people turning up and taking advantage of my good & sweet nature, which causes me to brood and resent those around me to the point I vent on an internet forum and may one day go postal, taking out those who have crossed me and possibly some random strangers.

No quite normal.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Why would your family be reading CUK?
                  Exactly my question!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    Oh god my family..where to start, lets just say that for a quiet life I leave them to get on with it.

You are not alone
                    Same here.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X