• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Many people in their twenties & thirties now are going to be shafted in retirement!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many people in their twenties & thirties now are going to be shafted in retirement!

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 11 June 2022, 08:13.

Yes and they are called Permies
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
      I hate to be a predictor of doom, but I can't help but think that a lot of people are going to bitterly regret burying their heads in the sand on this issue. Pensions are a boring subject, but not as boring as retiring into poverty.
      You are right. I feel sorry for the people who can't do anything about it because they just don't earn enough.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        You are right. I feel sorry for the people who can't do anything about it because they just don't earn enough.
        That is why I can't see myself going back to permiedom.

Comment

the majority of my non contractor friends, ie, those who live in the normal world and earn average salaries....

they are going to be fecked regarding pensions and they know it and there's nothing they can do about it

still folks the race isn't over yet so for all of us, don't count yer chickens until you get there

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            That is why I can't see myself going back to permiedom.

i have come to the same conclusion

Milan.

Comment

I think it would be wise to start a pension for my little guy now. Then he can take care of me when I get old
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                i have come to the same conclusion

Milan.
                I don't agree. I think you're limiting yourself to possible options.

I would never say never.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 11 June 2022, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I think it would be wise to start a pension for my little guy now. Then he can take care of me when I get old
                    I don't think taking up geriatric male prostitution will fund your retirement, no matter how much you invest in your 'little guy'.

Comment

Working...
                    X