• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone Number and name from Address ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Number and name from Address ?

Can any of you clever chaps tell me if there is a way to get a name and phone number from an address ?

Obviously, if it is possible, i'd like to know how too
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Can any of you clever chaps tell me if there is a way to get a name and phone number from an address ?

192 does it doesn't it?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

192.com would be my starting point.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Pop round and knock on the door?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Stalker

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            192 does it doesn't it?
            Not unless you have the name.

I can't 'pop round' because it's in ST Albans (several hundred miles away).

Some c**t has applied for a phone contract using my name and giving my current address as their previous.

It came up in a background check for a contract. C**ts.

Comment

Some c**t has applied for a phone contract using my name and giving my current address as their previous.

You'll probably want to contact the credit reference agencies to get the new address taken off your file, and perhaps contact the police as well.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Yes it does if you pay for credits doesn't it? You can get the electoral register and some other gumpf

I had the same problem a while back. Also Streetview the house

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  You'll probably want to contact the credit reference agencies to get the new address taken off your file, and perhaps contact the police as well.
                  Police do f**k all in this situation.

One thing you need to do now is put yourself on the CIFAS protective register for individuals - CIFAS - For Individuals
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Yes it does if you pay for credits doesn't it? You can get the electoral register and some other gumpf

I had the same problem a while back. Also Streetview the house
                    Yeah, bought the credits, got the name and the phone number but not getting a reply so far.

Right, here's the story. Got a contract, subject to compliance checks (it's a bank).

Bank came back and asked me to verify a 'linked address'. I've never heard of it, so I told them that.

Today i got on to experian who flatly refuse to remove it. It can only be removed by the person that put it on. In this case, it's Hutchison telecom (now known as '3') and they put it on in Sept 2009 !!!.

I phoned them and got ****ed about endlessly but they told me I have two phone contracts at that address. They said they will now report this to their fraud dept but it will take up to 28 days to resolve.

In the meantime, I'm losing 3 grand a ******* week !!

madmadmadmadmadmadmadmad

Comment

Working...
                    X