• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toyota Developing 4-Megawatt Solar Project at U.K. Auto Plant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Developing 4-Megawatt Solar Project at U.K. Auto Plant

Toyota Developing 4-Megawatt Solar Project at U.K. Auto Plant - Bloomberg

Sounds insane, unless they are getting huge subsidies from somewhere. Surely wind would have been more cost effective anyway.

Off-topic, but I just noticed that there are 400 people on-line, 60 of whom are 'members'. At 9:30!

Comment

Ah sunny Burnaston, that little pocket of never ending sunshine

Someone is being paid off.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Ah sunny Burnaston, that little pocket of never ending sunshine

Someone is being paid off.
        I wonder whether Toyota even find solar cost effective in Japan?

Comment

It's 10:30 here
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Banking on climate change and increased sun, no doubt.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Banking on climate change and increased sun, no doubt.
              Plus subsidies to build and being able to sell 'excess' electricity to the grid for far more than it would cost to buy. Boomed.

Comment

ScottishPower increased electricity prices by 10% today, I reckon 20% this year so far.

Anything that reduces demand is good - you don't need to reduce 50% of demand to cut down prices for gas/oil by 50%, just getting some off the top will be sufficient to tip the balance in favour of buyers rather than sellers (same applies to real estate marked - get 10%+ people like sasgur to live in their eco sheds and house prices will return to normality).

Comment

Working...
                X