• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate discovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate discovery

I have just discovered the rate my agent gets paid and they are taking a hearty slice. They basically lied to me when I asked for a higher rate at the start of the contract. I have a renewal coming up soon , I am going to push for a much higher rate, but should I mention I know how much they are getting?

Originally posted by russell View Post
    I have just discovered the rate my agent gets paid and they are taking a hearty slice. They basically lied to me when I asked for a higher rate at the start of the contract. I have a renewal coming up soon , I am going to push for a much higher rate, but should I mention I know how much they are getting?
    On what basis?

Comment

Absolutely. These sharks have to learn that they can't dictate terms to the talent. I'd tell them you won't get out of bed for less than 800 quid a day (even if you will get into bed for much, much less).

Good luck!
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        On what basis?
        On the basis I am doing the work while the agent takes a huge cut. I will happily leave if I don't get a large rate increase.

Comment

Tell them you know. Tell them 15% max is the going rate. Negotiate from thre.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Good advice, its only fair, they are taking ~28% scum bags .

Comment

If you think they get easy money why won't you become an agent? You can be as honest in that job as you like - I hear Dodgy runs apprentices this year as well, though not sure you'd qualify: he is allegedly looking for big uns in candidates

Comment

It's a renewal so 10% should be doable. Anything below that and managers get annoyed but given what you know 10-15% for what is now a factoring service is only reasonable.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Never again.

Comment

Working...
                    X