• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Hello CUK, I'm a long time lurker on these forums, this is my first time posting, I'm looking for a contract just now, have sent of lots of apps through the job websites, but nothing yet, although I have had a few calls from agents, I've gotten the excuse that " the hiring manager for that position is on holiday for a few weeks, as soon as they get back I'll let you know" is this agentspeak for " Your CV is going in the bin now"?
    Cheers
    Liam

Originally posted by Liamxtype View Post
    Hello CUK, I'm a long time lurker on these forums, this is my first time posting, I'm looking for a contract just now, have sent of lots of apps through the job websites, but nothing yet, although I have had a few calls from agents, I've gotten the excuse that " the hiring manager for that position is on holiday for a few weeks, as soon as they get back I'll let you know" is this agentspeak for " Your CV is going in the bin now"?Cheers
    Liam
    Probably but not certainly.

Do you like films about Gladiators?
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
      Probably but not certainly.

Do you like films about Gladiators?
      Why yes I do! Thank you!
      Also, there is food in the fridge.....

Comment

Hey this guy is goood!!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why yes I do! Thank you!
          Also, there is food in the fridge.....
          Do you like films about Cannibals? I won't need the food in the fridge......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Do you like films about Cannibals? I won't need the food in the fridge......
            Think the only one I've ever seen is Silence of the Lambs, and I did enjoy that!
            Sure I can't tempt you to a pizza???

Comment

Think the only one I've ever seen is Silence of the Lambs, and I did enjoy that!
              Sure I can't tempt you to a pizza???
              Just don't feed him after midnight. It took ages to clean up after the last welcome party.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Just don't feed him after midnight. It took ages to clean up after the last welcome party.
                Especially after someone spilt water all over him.

Oh, and have you bled your radiators?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Oh, and have you bled your radiators?
                  Funny you should ask that.... I'm having a little trouble with the pipes banging at the mo.....must get that bleed key out....

Comment

Working...
                  X