• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't frighten the sheep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't frighten the sheep

Two nights in a row at my tube station I've heard a request on the tannoy for a hygiene and sanitation operative (cleaner?) to deal with an urgent 'Code 4' at the top of an escalator. Does anyone know what these codes mean? I mean I don't want to find myself heading towards a huge pile of puke or a severed head if I can help it. There must be a pdf somewhere on the web with Code 1=body, Code 2=body parts

Any ex-cleaners on here?

Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Two nights in a row at my tube station I've heard a request on the tannoy for a hygiene and sanitation operative (cleaner?) to deal with an urgent 'Code 4' at the top of an escalator. Does anyone know what these codes mean? I mean I don't want to find myself heading towards a huge pile of puke or a severed head if I can help it. There must be a pdf somewhere on the web with Code 1=body, Code 2=body parts

Any ex-cleaners on here?
    The local co-op has a tannoy announcing a "CODE 3" when they need more staff on the tills
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Code 4 is disappearing a dead hooker from Ben Affleck's trailer.

HTH

Comment

Sometimes it's code for a fire alarm, suspicious package, jumper and so on.

meaning of code numbers for announcements at tube stations - WhatDoTheyKnow is about as much official info as I can find.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post

Any ex-cleaners on here?
          Likely none of the codes are worth checking out. I doubt, for example, they have a code for 'good looking woman streaking on platform 3' or 'pile of money left abandoned at top of escalator 4'. They are probably all bad news codes.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Sometimes it's code for a fire alarm, suspicious package, jumper and so on.

meaning of code numbers for announcements at tube stations - WhatDoTheyKnow is about as much official info as I can find.
            great link. how can we encourage Ganesh to post on this forum?

Comment

I think a 'Code 2' must be the same as a 'Code Brown'

Comment

A guy visiting a monastery asked one of the monks why they giggle after numbers are called out, to which the reply was that the numbers are codes for jokes that may be too long or rude to say. So the guy shouts out '69', which was met with howling laughter. So the guy asks the nearest monk what was so funny, to which the money said, ah they've never heard that one before

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Code 4 is disappearing a dead hooker from Ben Affleck's trailer.

HTH
                  If you're in a supermarket, Code 4 means "Dodgy looking guy with Russian moustache heading for the door without paying for what may be a couple of vodka bottles and several packs of peanuts stuffed inside his coat".
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X