• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have a confession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a confession

Probably not the most sensible place to admit this, but I'm going to.

I absolutely loathe all technology. Hate it. Hate computers, mobile phones, TVs, cars, basically anything that has a chip in it.

My main pet hate is computers, which is a bit of a problem as I use them every day. I just hate the way they don't do what you want them to, they're inconsistent, go wrong, and even the fact that when you turn one off it doesn't turn off immediately, sometimes they can take minutes to turn off.

What can I do? If I had a time machine I'd go back to the mid 1800s to live. But then I'd probably hate the time machine as well.

Buy a croft and spend the rest of your life subsistence farming.

Comment

Become a tester and get paid for proving none of that tulip really works properly.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        anything that has a chip in it.
        No everything that has a chip in, surely?

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You can take up meditating like Buddha and go into the himalayas.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

I don't like chips.

Comment

either what Mitch said, or start programming a better computer/os that does exactly what you want and that shuts down quickly and all your other requirements. You have easy access to the tools of building something better. It might even make you a mint or at least you will learn a bucket load.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Or just invent a better computer. Can't be that hard.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Or just invent a better computer. Can't be that hard.
                  Too hard for a tester.

Comment

Good point, though I would prefer granary bread TBH. And a bit of mayo.

Comment

Working...
                    X