• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feline thuggery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feline thuggery

My cat, Rory, is 20 years old - a true geriatric of the kitty world.

He's a bit doddery, very stiff and very weak round his back end and falls over a fair bit.

When the sun is shining, he likes nothing better than to sit in the garden watching the birds, reminiscing about the good old days when he had the energy to chase them.

But lately, every time he goes out, next door's cat comes and duffs him up. It's a huge monster of a thing, built like a brick tuliphouse. Even I'm scared of it.

Cat now so nervous he won't go outside at all unless one of us is outside with him.

What to do? I've tried hissing at it, shouting at it, squirting water pistol at it. Not often I really dislike a cat, but beating up old folk is a no-no in anyone's book.

When he does finally pop his furry clogs, I'm going to borrow a big dog. That'll sort fatboy out.

Much as you love your clapped out old pussy a younger one is always going to have the advantage.

Your cat is past it as well by the sound of it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Much as you love your clapped out old pussy a younger one is always going to have the advantage.

Your cat is past it as well by the sound of it.

Comment

Cats are mean creatures.

If you try and protect Rory by spraying water etc at the neighbour's monster cat, when you aren't looking the neighbour's monster will get his own back on Rory.

Oh and dogs are normally afraid of cats. It's very funny to watch a cat terrorise a dog.

I suggest you get another monster tom yourself, or get two cats who regardless of size will team up against monster.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You can put Tiger poo in your garden. The neighbour's cat with then presume you have a huge whopping great big Tiger. Perhaps but a ghetto blaster out which comes out with ocasional roar.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ooh - I like.

Might give Marwell a call.

Comment

Hmm yes, nature does not have our sensibilities about the aged, disabled etc. Recall when kids had hamsters one baby was born a runt, the mother just bit through its neck. Probably would have eaten it too but I took it away.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Do you have a cat flap?

Entice the next door fella in through the flap with some tasty treats. Once inside, slam it down so he cannot get out.

Then chase the fooker around the house with a rolling pin, stamping your feet. Open a cupboard so it's it's only form of escape. Eventually, said pussy will bolt for the cupboard. Then slam it in. Leave it there for an hour, then go back with something proddy and torment it in the corner. Then leave it there for another hour. Repeat for a few days, then leave the cupboard door open and step away.

The cat will then bolt for the cat flap(which is locked of course). It will then hit the thing full pelt, bouncing off, but it will continue to pummell the catflap as your approach with your proddy thing.

You will have to replace the broken catflap but I guarantee that you won't see the cat again and it definitely won't come into your house again or bother your pussy.

Worked for me
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Ooh - I like.

Might give Marwell a call.
                  You can get "tiger poo" from garden centres, you'll find it in the animal deterrent section.

As xogoth says younger animals will pick on the older and more defenceless ones irrespective of territorial rights.
                  Last edited by norrahe; 9 June 2011, 14:40. Reason: speeeeeeling
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Air pistol. Sorted.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X