• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone going to Glasto?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to Glasto?

Be sure and check the wombles out....

he founder of Glastonbury Festival, Michael Eavis, has said booking the Wombles was "a bit of a mistake". He said: "I've got about 25 stages and managers and bookers for each of the stages. I can't control every single one of them but I do get cross about that kind of thing."

Wombles band creator, Mike Batt said he was a "bit surprised" to hear the comment, as the band had been practising hard for the festival. "Uncle Bulgaria told me he thinks Mr Eavis is probably perfectly aware that festivals like his are so popular because they offer an eclectic mix for everybody.

"It isn't very nice to think that you have been booked at a festival where you aren't welcome, but we hope Mr Eavis will pop along to the Avalon stage on Sunday to check out the reaction for himself.

"We might even give him a glass of Madame Cholet's special dandelion cordial.
    BBC News - Glastonbury boss Michael Eavis regrets Wombles booking
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Well, they've got to be better than Tom Jones.

They've had loads of novelty acts over the years & they always seem to go down a storm. Rolf Harris, for example.

I, for one, will have my bedroom window open and will be hoping that the wind is blowing the right way next weekend, or whenever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I can see that one getting mad if the crowd are up for it.

20,000 people all singing "remember you're a Womble" at the top of their lungs
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

maybe it's just his way of saving on employing litter pickers

I won't be going to see the Wombles (even though it might be good for a laugh), instead I think I'll be watching:

U2, Morrissey, The Chemical Brothers, BB King, Elbow, Orbital, Robyn, Queens of the Stone Age and Paul Simon among several others

11 days, can't wait
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I can see that one getting mad if the crowd are up for it.

20,000 people all singing "remember you're a Womble" at the top of their lungs
          The Avalon stage only has a rough capacity of around 5,000, it's one of the smaller stages in the Green Fields area of the festival, I think at the time The Wombles are playing I'll be watching The Noisettes on the opposite side of the festival

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Took the kids there a few years back and they keep bugging me to take them again.

Too expensive these days though, Might do Truckfest instead, if I haven't missed it!!!
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I went to Glasto in 1995. I had to look it up - didn't remember it being so long ago. I stayed in a 5 star hotel 3 miles down the road and got a cab there each morning after a late breakfast.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                I went to Glasto in 1995. I had to look it up - didn't remember it being so long ago. I stayed in a 5 star hotel 3 miles down the road and got a cab there each morning after a late breakfast.
                You are Shirley Bassey and I claim my 5 shiny disco shoes

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                  You are Shirley Bassey and I claim my 5 shiny disco shoes
                  Mud & tents, you can keep it!
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X