• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prosperity4 adverts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosperity4 adverts

Has anyone noticed the newspaper and billboard adverts for Prosperity4?

The small print on the advert goes something like this:

'We have negoiated terms with the Ir to enable you to claim expenses without receipts'

After the numerous threads on the webiste about legality of cliaming expenses without receipts under the disguise of dispensations, would does everyone make of Prospertiy4 putting it it writing in their adverts?

Yes, I've seen that as well. TBF, they have negotiated a dispensation (it takes one letter to do this, actually, so it's hardly a major acheivement) and they don't need itemised receipts for expenses. So it is perfectly legal to say so. What is not said, though, is that this relates to their corporate expenses, not yours - you will still need receipts. It is also clearly implied on their website that claims and expenditure are not necessarily linked.

Were I interested, I might even have written to the ASA and lodged a formal complaint. But since we all know they are misleading their potential clients, why bother.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hasnt anyone else had the pleasure of buying a sandwich in London (and keeping the receipt!) and finding that pissperitypoor are advertising on the back of the paper bag. Some nonsense about tax free lunch or something. They must be making a fortune!!! does anyone dare admit that they are with them

Comment

If you want a laugh, the P4 site has a link where you can have an online chat with an accountant (top right corner of site). I did have a chat but the took offence to me when I called them 'w*nkers'

Comment

Are they really still doing that? God knows how they can get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor1
            If you want a laugh, the P4 site has a link where you can have an online chat with an accountant (top right corner of site). I did have a chat but the took offence to me when I called them 'w*nkers'

how surprising that someone would take offence to this

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
              Au contraire. They offer backhanders (sorry, referral fees) to agents, so you probably wouldn't be surprised how many agents recommend them rather highly.

if you spoke the truth it would be ok. they do not now offer anything to agents, and have not for some time. i take referral fees from other companies, but still refer my contractors to them also as they generally offer a good service

Comment

Utter crap. Just do a search on this board for countless negative personal opinions from contractors. Wouldn't touch them with yours...

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor1
                  It's all a matter of context.

In this forum community, being called a ****** is a huge compliment, particularly when directed at recruiters who try so hard to add value on our behalf and offer us a stunning service.

Comment

Originally posted by mad123
                    if you spoke the truth it would be ok. they do not now offer anything to agents, and have not for some time. i take referral fees from other companies, but still refer my contractors to them also as they generally offer a good service
                    There rubbish, posts on hear detail court action people are taking against them. The sounded very slimmy when I spoke to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X