• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason not to trust Balls!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason not to trust Balls!

Labour coup: Gordon Brown's cabal hatched plot in midst of terrorist crisis - Telegraph

"On July 21, 2005, Tony Blair and his most senior government figures were locked in the struggle to stop a second wave of Islamic terrorists bombing London.

But elsewhere in Westminster, Ed Balls, Ed Miliband and others were plotting the latest stage of their plan to remove the Prime Minister from office.

A document dated to that day discloses that key tasks for the intensifying campaign had been devised by a small group of ultra-loyalists around Gordon Brown, underlining the team’s obsessive focus on their political interests while others were more concerned with the threat of terrorism.

The plotting was to reach a frenetic pace in the following months, leading Mr Blair to begin 2006 with a memo to his inner circle warning that they were locked in a “poker game for very high stakes” over the future of Labour.

The Prime Minister said that the growing campaign among Labour MPs, orchestrated by Mr Balls, to “jettison New Labour” was “ridiculous” when the brand had “so obviously won the political debate”.

Mr Blair became increasingly aware of the concerted plot to move Mr Brown into his office, months after Labour’s historic third election win."

My god, why is this man even in parliament?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

If Blair had Balls he would have fired Brown.

HTH

Comment

Was there ever any reason to trust him in the first place? Nothing surprises me with politicians. Not any more.

Comment

The more important question of course is;

Yvette Cooper - would you?
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

Hell No!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I'd quite happily shoot them both.

Balls I'd shoot very slowly.
            Yeah - Stake him to the ground, and bamboo shoot him.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

You need help.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Yeah - Stake him to the ground, and bamboo shoot him.
                Yeah, e-coli bamboo shoots.
                or

see this rope, what would you like to be hung by, Balls?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  You need help.
                  No I don't - I wouldn't either...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    You need help.
                    Its not that bad, it's not like asking would you shag Cherie
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X