• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to contact a human associated with a website and force them to respond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to contact a human associated with a website and force them to respond

I am completely stumped.

A while back my long standing userid on HousePriceCrash.co.uk started giving the 'you are not allowed to visit this forum' message.
    So I tried contacting the mods, the administrator, other members.

Nothing.

Twice I have registered new userids with different email addresses and at first they are in the unverified status then after a day or so they generate the error as above. Once again no replies to ever more pleading emails to respond.
    The emails don't bounce BTW.

How can I force them to respond!!
    Is there any way of finding hard contact info. for websites even if its nowhere on the site? phone number, address, host's address, something!!
    I really enjoyed posting on the site - to the extent I'm even prepared to drive over and discuss the problem (whatever the hell it is) face to face.
    Apparently in cyberspace people can ignore your screams

Perhaps they hate you. Thought of that?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Housepricecrash.co.uk Whois Lookup - Who.is - Who.is

Could start there.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Perhaps they hate you. Thought of that?
        Me?
        Cute, cuddly me?

OK I might be a bit pompous and judgemental sometimes.

But only if a poster is really, really asking for it!

Anyway, I've had a PM already so it looks like the cavalry are riding in...

Comment

Originally posted by xux42 View Post
          OK I might be a bit pompous and judgemental sometimes.
          You're not one of sasgurus sockies by chance?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Or go straight to Nominet and get it without Google ads: WHOIS Query

Comment

You don't live in Maidstone and go by the name Sibley, by any chance?
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                I don't think so as I'm sure sibley ended up being hellbanned
                see Coding Horror .
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well at least I know the messages were getting through

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  Quite the opposite - I am property bear who hates property ramping, VIs, wish BTL was made uneconomic by statute and wants nice houses in pleasant areas to be easily affordable to couples on modest incomes.

A helpful person on here has been in touch with HPC:
                  ---Quote---
                  this poster is not allowed to visit this forum except as a guest.. This is the
                  decision of the moderating team and cannot be discussed
                  ---End Quote---

I have absolutely no idea what happened. Maybe I embarrased someone with clout at HPC.
                  Maybe my account was hacked - I can't check the last posts because I can't log in to my profile.

Looks like I'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I don't think so as I'm sure sibley ended up being hellbanned
                    see Coding Horror .
                    tiny minority of users out to do harm – intentionally or not – eventually drive out all the civil community members, leaving behind a lawless, chaotic badland
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X