• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminator defeats humans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator defeats humans

at pool.

New Scientist TV: Born to be Viral: Pool-playing robot rivals humans

It would be great one day to see them good enough to play world class players in ranking tournaments, and who knows, one day they might even be able to play a man's game like Snooker. Man versus cyborg.

See also: New Scientist TV: Born to be Viral: Ball-catching robot
    I was reading about ball catching the other day, and I don't think it's fully understood how people catch balls, but one incomplete theory that made sense was that a catcher tries to keep the ball at the same angle to himself in its flightpath. For example as a ball descends, if the catcher is too far away to catch it, the angle would decrease, so he would have to approach the ball.

It's all a load of balls.

I seem to be having problems with CUK today.

Comment

And to inject a bit of sexism into this story, how come you don't see any women top snooker players. Pool doesn't count. Even if Terminate can't beat Man, he might beat woman.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        And to inject a bit of sexism into this story, how come you don't see any women top snooker players. Pool doesn't count. Even if Terminate can't beat Man, he might beat woman.
        You need balls to play snooker.

I suspect that women simply have what they feel to be better things to do.

And let's not forget terminator 3.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I remember an experiment where a bloke had to eat a whole tree faster than a cyborg
          but the termiteater did it loads faster

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I remember an experiment where a bloke had to eat a whole tree faster than a cyborg
            but the termiteater did it loads faster

For some reason your post inspired me to wonder what the state of the art is with computers generated jokes. Maybe I could write an app for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              For some reason your post inspired me to wonder what the state of the art is with computers generated jokes. Maybe I could write an app for that.

get it to drink beer and fart, and that's me redundant

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
              X