• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic tickets

Had a laugh last week when the IOC was saying the London organisers CANNOT give tickets away...thankfully because my council tax has been increased TO PAY for the Olympics that when the organisers give me my free tickets they aint actually giving them away!

Anyways...who reckons they are gonna be able to get tickets to the popular events, like womens beach volleyball, anyways?

Mailman

Originally posted by cswd
    Ironically I live in the affected council tax area (about 2 miles from Stratford). I don't want tickets - I want the council to sort out all the little ******* up my road with their souped up hondas with coffee cans for exhausts and big "Type-R" stickers all over them.
    Wait till they are safely tucked up in bed and wedge a couple 3 inch nails under the wheels. With luck they wont notice them and next time they drive off they'll be flat in 5 mins.

Alternatively wedge a potato up that nice big exhaust and watch them try and pull off in a "manly" fashion while the engine tulip's itself

For a more permanent solution use a plastic bag full of polyfiller or similer. Just make sure they cant see the end of the bag sticking out......

I lived in Stratford / Manor Park / Ilford for years before I moved out of London altogether. I assume it's not improved much.
    Last edited by DaveB; 28 March 2006, 13:05.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

For a more permanent solution use a plastic bag full of polyfiller or similer. Just make sure they cant see the end of the bag sticking out......

tell me more

Comment

Originally posted by GBH123
        tell me more

Mix up the polyfiller and fill the bag with it. Not completely full, you need to be able to squeeze it into the exhaust. Tie off the bag securely and then shove it as far up the exhaust as you can, ideally into the actual pipe itself, not just the coffee can. Doesnt matter if the bag gets a few holes. The polyfiller will fill the space and set inside the exhaust. Once it's hard it wont come out as it sets in the shape of the pipe and the bag means it wont spread out and only half fill it. It's not terminal but it will take them a fair while to figure out what the problem is

Comment

Expanding foam is much better, normally comes with a longish pipe. Out the pocket, bend over, quick squirt up the pipe, back in the pocket, up and onto the next. You can do a whole street full with one can.

Or so some little darlin' in Doncaster did.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Or try spray foam! Fabulous stuff!

Comment

Yeah, but it has a tendancy to expand everywhere, including back out of the pipe where it can be seen. With the polyfiller they wont see it at all if you get it right and you can take bets on how long it takes them to figure it out

Comment

That's why you go for the one with the long pipe and only give a quick squirt.

Or so I'm told
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Fair do's, didnt have that stuff around in my day

Comment

Working...
                  X