• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paid to babysit a laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid to babysit a laptop

Sitting here in my box room (some may call it an office, but that's pretentious) opposite ClientCos laptop.

Bench looms from 1/7.

Been in the same gig since October 09 and need a change. Just as soon as I think about jumping ship the budget for the project gets tulipcanned, so decision made for me.

So I have nothing to do. Everything documented, offers of handovers made, no one putting themselves forward to receive the handovers. Every morning we have a telco with the PM, and we go round the table, what are you working on, any issues, yada yada yada.

Every time, "I am working on nothing, I have nothing to work on and I have no issues". PM feigns surprise. Call ends.

So as I am invoicing for this, I will sit diligently at my laptop every day waiting ready and willing should anyone want anything from me. The thing is, it is very very dull.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Get a bonsai tree.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      The thing is, it is very very dull.
      Sounds like your dream role SY!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Sounds like your dream role SY!

Your avatar is making eyes at me.

Comment

Learn a new skill via the web. It related or not.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Learn a new skill via the web. It related or not.
            Too busy working on plan B for that.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Too busy working on plan B for that.
              Would that be the old "£15, and drop it off on saturday morning" Bonanza?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Make your mind up.

Is it your laptop or ClientCo's?

Comment

Why waste your time in a pointless boring contract when you can focus full time on the 15 dolla per laptop per pensioner scheme of yours ?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

what do you put in your timesheets, if you have them

Comment

Working...
                    X