• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just back from casualty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from casualty

Just as I was exiting the bathroom this morning, some clown came charging in just as I was reaching out for the handle of the inwardly opening door.

Nearly dislocated little pinkie of my right hand.

Got a lot of swelling and the tendons is torn.

Will be without full use of right hand for a few days. Hope I can still fire up the mower, got a wicket to mow tomorrow.
    Last edited by pacharan; 10 June 2011, 13:27.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Just as I was exiting the bathroom this morning, some clown came charging in just as I was reaching out for the handle of the inwardly opening door.

Nearly dislocated little pinkie of my right hand.

Will be without full use of right hand for a few days. Hope I can still fire up the mower, got a wicket to mow tomorrow.
    Accident in the workplace, call lawyers for you

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Will be without full use of right hand for a few days
      Ah weel. It is an ill wind. At least yer todger will get a chance to recuperate!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

A few years ago I was carrying my three year old daughter up the stairs to put her to bed - she didn't want to go and was screaming her head off as three year olds do. She suddenly grabbed hold of the banisters as we went past and pulled me off balance. Instinctively I pulled her in close to my chest to protect her thereby massively accelerating my face straight into the upcoming wall.

Cue one totally smashed nose, lots of blood everywhere and a trip to casualty.

Took me months to get over - had to have the cartilidge rebuilt eventually and it's never been straightened properly either.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          Accident in the workplace, call lawyers for you
          I totally thought he was talking about where he lived as I read the story, was wondering what was going on, clowns in his flat?!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            A few years ago I was carrying my three year old daughter up the stairs to put her to bed - she didn't want to go and was screaming her head off as three year olds do. She suddenly grabbed hold of the banisters as we went past and pulled me off balance. Instinctively I pulled her in close to my chest to protect her thereby massively accelerating my face straight into the upcoming wall.

Cue one totally smashed nose, lots of blood everywhere and a trip to casualty.

Took me months to get over - had to have the cartilidge rebuilt eventually and it's never been straightened properly either.
            How is that helpful to the OP?

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
              How is that helpful to the OP?

If you read the OP's OP the OP wasn't actually asking for anything. I was simply relating one of my own accident stories to display a camaraderie and touch of empathy between Friday posters.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

If you read the OP's OP the OP wasn't actually asking for anything. I was simply relating one of my own accident stories to display a camaraderie and touch of empathy between Friday posters.
                OK it wasn't a pleasant story to read though

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                  OK it wasn't a pleasant story to read though
                  I was making the point that things could always be worse....

Comment

Working...
                  X