• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EDL Demonstration in Maidenhead tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDL Demonstration in Maidenhead tomorrow

English Defence League are planning a march in Maidenhead tomorrow to coincide with the town's carnival. Eldest daughter wants to go to the carnival, but I'm reluctant to let her given the image I have of the EDL being a bunch of Nazis.

Thames Valley Police say the march will be peaceful, as there will only be a "few hundred supporters", and because the EDL have said it will be peaceful. Yeah, right!

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    English Defence League are planning a march in Maidenhead tomorrow to coincide with the town's carnival. Eldest daughter wants to go to the carnival, but I'm reluctant to let her given the image I have of the EDL being a bunch of Nazis.

Thames Valley Police say the march will be peaceful, as there will only be a "few hundred supporters", and because the EDL have said it will be peaceful. Yeah, right!
    Please explain why you equate the EDL to Nazis?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Surely, everyone knows the EDL are against Muslamic Ray Guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Please explain why you equate the EDL to Nazis?

Comment

OG. Isn't that an Old Firm meeting?

At the end of the day, I'm not a racist but <insert racist statement here>
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            The first is possibly the Welsh Defence League here
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              I'm reluctant to let her given the image I have of the EDL being a bunch of Nazis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMfi8ftGZ0s

Islamaphobic? Yes. Racist? Arguably not. Nazis? Nope.

You don't have to agree with their views, but you have to respect their right to convey them.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers, most of the trouble at these things are started by rent- a-mob UAF shipped into the area.

Left wing fascists are just as bad as right wing fascists.
              Last edited by Incognito; 12 June 2011, 11:12. Reason: Inline video did a runner
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I'm not a racist but <insert racist statement here>
                I am fighting a (so far) one-man campaign to reclaim that phrase. "I'm not a racist, but please could you pass the salt?"."I'm not a racist, but it looks like it's about to rain." Your support appreciated.

Comment

What's Matt Lucas doing in the first photo, I wouldn't think he was in the EDL
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    I am fighting a (so far) one-man campaign to reclaim that phrase. "I'm not a racist, but please could you pass the salt?"."I'm not a racist, but it looks like it's about to rain." Your support appreciated.
                    You are Alan Partridge and I claim my block of cheese
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X