• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds may cut 15,000 jobs in costs drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds may cut 15,000 jobs in costs drive

Presumably not IT people this time, as there are none left, apart from Bobs?

The report said whole layers of management would be stripped out of the bank, with hundreds of jobs likely to go at its head office and thousands of posts to be cut across Britain and in its remaining international outposts.
    Business finance news - currency market news - online UK currency markets - financial news - Interactive Investor
    Would it be cruel justice that these were the 'management layers' that were so eager to outsource IT and bring Bobs in to save money?

LTSB's quality of service gone downhill massively in the last 2 years, down to the point when they have staff who isn't trained in doing essential bank transactions like transfers of money.

It was their big mistake to buy Halifax, should have said no and could have bought best bits on the cheap without assuming debts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      LTSB's quality of service gone downhill massively in the last 2 years, down to the point when they have staff who isn't trained in doing essential bank transactions like transfers of money.

It was their big mistake to buy Halifax, should have said no and could have bought best bits on the cheap without assuming debts.
      Didn't the government make them buy Halifax? The result of the strategic review is due end of June.
      Last edited by russell; 12 June 2011, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Didn't the government make them buy Halifax?
        Nobody made them - Govt could not make them, they certainly leaned on them (I'd say probably illegally but I am not a lawyer) and the responsibility of the board should been to refuse.

Comment

Hopefully the share price will go up then. Always a silver lining.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Hopefully the share price will go up then. Always a silver lining.
            You're going to have to hold on to your shares a good bit longer for that to happen.

A promise made to the city will be broken

And before anyone accuses me of anything, I don't work there.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              You're going to have to hold on to your shares a good bit longer for that to happen.

A promise made to the city will be broken

And before anyone accuses me of anything, I don't work there.
              It's very aggressive from the new boss. I'm buying in and out of Lloyds on the way down. According to my share spreadsheet I've now done £180,000 short term trades in Lloyds over 18 months. Some win, some lose. Now sitting on a £200 loss overall having been £1200 up but holding 20000 shares at 47.3.

Bloody frustrating company.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I've now done £180,000 short term trades in Lloyds over 18 months.

I demand 200% CGT on short term trade, 500% on shorting and 1000% VAT on snorting!

Comment

Working...
                X