• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Madeleine Mccann book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madeleine Mccann book

Keep seeing it everywhere, not sure i would want to see my missing child's face everywhere if they went missing.

Wouldn't a where's wally type of book be more appropriate ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

My missus is reading that book at the moment.

Everytime I walk in the bedroom and she's reading it, I always chirp up .... "Have they found her yet, love?!"

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Wouldn't a where's wally type of book be more appropriate ?
        I really shouldn't but
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH
          Ask her if page 129 has the following:

<Unrepeatable>

I'm hoping it's just one of those 'urban' myths doing the internet, otherwise Kate McCann is a nut job to put those words in print in a book she 'wrote for her children (including Madeleine when found) to read one day'.

Then again maybe it's a good marketing ploy.
          Jeeeesus!! I hope you are right about the uran myth.

An an urban myth its pretty cringeworthy but if genuine!
          Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
          Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

A quick google gave me the following snippet:

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body torn apart"
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I read that The Sun (who paid to serialise the book in their 'newspaper') censored the phrase, so maybe the 'body torn apart' wording is the censored version.

Seems a strange thing to put into words, and get past the editor who she surely had checking the content prior to publication.

Then again there's lots about the whole situation/case that seems odd.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

@pah - you are one sick ****er. Your comment is a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Then again there's lots about the whole situation/case that seems odd.
                  Agreed. I think their inability to accept any of the 100 plausible explanations may have something to do with the guilt their feel for leaving their children unattended.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Agreed. I think their inability to accept any of the 100 plausible explanations may have something to do with the guilt their feel for leaving their children unattended.
                    That's the critical and utterly unforgivable thing about the whole sorry incident.
                    The subject has come up dozens of times over the last few years in conversations with people I know or work with and every single parent has homed in on the fact that you never leave little ones alone.
                    My 3 are way past the age where it's a concern, but I would never have dreamed of leaving them while going for dinner, the choice is either to take them or not go.

Comment

Working...
                    X