• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That London!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That London!!!!!!

Bleedin Blackwall Tunnel!!!!!!

[gricerboy]

Had to take Mrs SB, and SB04 and SB05 up to London on saturday for a 50th Birthday Party for one of Mrs SB's cousins. Her cousin lives in SE6, and as quite a large number of us were descending for the Party, accommodation was of a premium.
    Anyway, SB04 has now turned 18 and has been mad keen to get himself a tattoo for ages now. Although I was reluctant to go, as this party would involve serious mingling with some of the less savoury members of Mrs SB's extended family, I decided to make it as painless as possible by also getting another outstanding visit incorporated.
    One of my nieces runs a tattoo parlour in Chingford, and so she was happy to do her cousin SB04's tattoo for free.
    So SB04 and I duly headed to my sister's place in Highgate for a Bar-B-Q, before then proceeding to Chingford for the tattooing. Meanwhile Mrs SB and SB05 travelled up with SB01 and his fiancee and sprog, straight to the party.
    Everything was going swimmingly at this point, however a few of the wheels started to fall off when we attempted to head from Chingford to SE6!!! Instead of simply poodling round the M25, I instructed the TomTom to get us there, and it duly plotted a course directly south which all looked pretty cushty! How wrong was I?
    All seemed well at first as we passed such exotic venues as Walthamstow Dog Track and the Olympic Velodrome and Stadium complex. However, by the time we were being sucked into the vehicle-ridden vortex that surrounds the Bloody Blackwall Tunnel, it was all starting to go Pete Tong!! It took ages to disgorge ourselves from the melee, although we did end up passing through salubrious places like Whitechapel, Bermondsey, and Lewisham, not to mention Tower Bridge!! So it was not a complete disaster.
    Anyway, when we finally did get to the Party I decided to stay sober and drive back to where we were staying in Kent, rather than spend an arm and a leg on a taxi for us all!!
    That was quite a sensible move as it transpired as the affair was liberally sprinkled with "family flashpoints and contention" for want of a better description. And I caught most of it too, which was gratifying! I am now off to Facebook to see just how many of these have been loaded up!
    [/gricerboy]
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Bleedin Blackwall Tunnel!!!!!!

[gricerboy]

Had to take Mrs SB, and SB04 and SB05 up to London on saturday for a 50th Birthday Party for one of Mrs SB's cousins. Her cousin lives in SE6, and as quite a large number of us were descending for the Party, accommodation was of a premium.
    Anyway, SB04 has now turned 18 and has been mad keen to get himself a tattoo for ages now. Although I was reluctant to go, as this party would involve serious mingling with some of the less savoury members of Mrs SB's extended family, I decided to make it as painless as possible by also getting another outstanding visit incorporated.
    One of my nieces runs a tattoo parlour in Chingford, and so she was happy to do her cousin SB04's tattoo for free.
    So SB04 and I duly headed to my sister's place in Highgate for a Bar-B-Q, before then proceeding to Chingford for the tattooing. Meanwhile Mrs SB and SB05 travelled up with SB01 and his fiancee and sprog, straight to the party.
    Everything was going swimmingly at this point, however a few of the wheels started to fall off when we attempted to head from Chingford to SE6!!! Instead of simply poodling round the M25, I instructed the TomTom to get us there, and it duly plotted a course directly south which all looked pretty cushty! How wrong was I?
    All seemed well at first as we passed such exotic venues as Walthamstow Dog Track and the Olympic Velodrome and Stadium complex. However, by the time we were being sucked into the vehicle-ridden vortex that surrounds the Bloody Blackwall Tunnel, it was all starting to go Pete Tong!! It took ages to disgorge ourselves from the melee, although we did end up passing through salubrious places like Whitechapel, Bermondsey, and Lewisham, not to mention Tower Bridge!! So it was not a complete disaster.
    Anyway, when we finally did get to the Party I decided to stay sober and drive back to where we were staying in Kent, rather than spend an arm and a leg on a taxi for us all!!
    That was quite a sensible move as it transpired as the affair was liberally sprinkled with "family flashpoints and contention" for want of a better description. And I caught most of it too, which was gratifying! I am now off to Facebook to see just how many of these have been loaded up!
    [/gricerboy]
    No one can accuse you of being posh
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 13 June 2011, 10:07. Reason: typo
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I saw a Scotchman in London on Saturday with 2 young boys who I took to be his sons. They were all of 7 or 8 years old.

Each one was wearing a tee shirt with a big downward pointing arrow emblazoned with the slogan "Suck on this". I was quite shocked.

Wasn't you was it?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        I saw a Scotchman in London on Saturday with 2 young boys who I took to be his sons. They were all of 7 or 8 years old.

Each one was wearing a tee shirt with a big downward pointing arrow emblazoned with the slogan "Suck on this". I was quite shocked.

Wasn't you was it?

Oh no. I now have visions of Russ Abbott.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Tattoo? Classy.

My kids will be getting a tattoo over my dead, decaying body.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Tattoo? Classy.

Or do what a mate did when his daughter wanted a bit of body piercing.

"Not while you are still living in my house".
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Wasn't you was it?
              Given that he said his son was 18, thats unlikely isn't it?

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Tattoo? Classy.

It's not the tattoo that'll make them chavs...

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

That'll be my line... well, almost. "Get what you like when you are 18"
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Two of my nephews got into tattoos in a big way. Their old man has quite a few but in later life regretted them, but didn't persuade them not to have then.

Both went over the top, to the point one has tats covering most of arms, shoulder back (he's 25). The other not so many but had them arms (visible again) and on his neck / throat.

Off shoot. Both are now so fooling ugly they cannot get a
                job.

The odd one, discrete fair enough, but if you go
                over the top and can't get a job because of it then it's just dumb.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  No one can accuse you of being posh
                  WHS ++ you peasant.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

It's not the tattoo that'll make them chavs...

heh heh

good one CM
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X