• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nudged someones car in tesco car park - now they're claiming they were injured !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nudged someones car in tesco car park - now they're claiming they were injured !!!

OMFG. I've heard it all now.

Reversed out of space in Tescos the other day and nudged the car next to me. No damage to mine but small dent in her door. She was sitting in the car at the time.

Gave her my insurance details.

Didnt hear anything then my insurance phoned me to tell me she was claiming she was injured in the accident. OMG - I was reversing at like 1 mph !!!

Good news is that another company has contacted me for a statement on behalf of my insurers. Seems to be a claims investigation company called Brownsword.

Anyway, only number I had was her partners business card. Phoned him to see what was going on (probably not a good idea) and he swears blind that his partner was hurt and he got a bit shirty with me.

But guess what - hes the Director of a recruitment firm (not IT). should have know.

Hope the bugger goes to jail for fraud.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

What did you expect once they got your insurance details. Where there's a claim there's a free injury scam.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If she was injured then why didn't she call the police to scene of accident?

Comment

When I got hit by another car I was amazed just how easy it was to put a claim for injuries in (I didn't). It was made plain to me by the insurance co's legal company that just for saying I was hurt was worth at least £1500 and it was inferred (but not actually stated) that I would be being a mug if I didn't claim something for injuries.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If she was injured then why didn't she call the police to scene of accident?
          Wonder if she has a brother who cycles in Luton.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Reversed out of space in Tescos the other day and nudged the car next to me.
            What were you doing in Tescos? You should be going to Waitrose. Init?

Comment

Surely she will be able to back this up with verification from someone in the medical profession shirley?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
                What were you doing in Tescos? You should be going to Waitrose. Init?
                Waitrose? Booth's is the only supermarket I darken the door of.

If you don't know it imagine a supermarket that makes Waitrose look like Aldi.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Surely she will be able to back this up with verification from someone in the medical profession shirley?
                  Yep. Dr Fox.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Good news is that another company has contacted me for a statement on behalf of my insurers. Seems to be a claims investigation company called Brownsword.
                    Shafted.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X