• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK government has unveiled plans to give the Scottish Parliament more financial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK government has unveiled plans to give the Scottish Parliament more financial

powers...

And so it starts.

Bye bye London bye bye did I say before, goodbye..

Holyrood will be able to borrow more money, issue bonds to access cash from capital markets and protect itself from sudden changes in spending levels.

Scottish engineering sector bucks the economic trend

The engineering manufacturing sector in Scotland is maintaining a healthy set of figures for the fifth consecutive quarter, according the Quarterly Review published by Scottish Engineering and M&C Energy.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Well as long as this doesn't signal the end of the Barnett Formula or else Troll will be firing up the pitchforks and marching on Westminster to petition for its re-introduction. In the interests of fairness and cross-border harmony of course!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It will all end in tears... just like the Darien Disaster
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Good luck.

That Salmond chap couldn't organise a piss up in a distillery.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Good luck.

That Salmond chap couldn't organise a piss up in a distillery.
          Hah, he managed to achieve what was meant to be unachievable, i.e. a majority in the Scottish Parliament. In Alex we trust.

Better get saving those Scottish tenners chumps, they'll be worth double down here in the wastelands of 'down sarth' than your crappy local currency. What with our oil and all that.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            What with our oil and all that.
            You oil has already paid out...

Falklands is where it's at now chap.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              You oil has already paid out...

Falklands is where it's at now chap.
              All part of the master plan young mule, all part of the master plan.

Independence and then all of a sudden another couple of big finds in Scots water.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

It will all end in tears... just like the Darien Disaster
                The Darien Disaster didn't end in tears for the English (or for the Scots in the long run, in the circs).
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  The Darien Disaster didn't end in tears for the English
                  look who we got saddled with
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                  X