• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F***ing banks (LTSB specifically)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F***ing banks (LTSB specifically)

I place an order at Amazon today for a number of items that are actually fulfilled by different sellers and Amazon splits them into smaller orders and charges debit card for it, a couple get declined.

I call Amazon then bank - Lloyds TSB and they say: you have exceeded maximum number of debit transactions per day (by number, not total cash volume) and they refuse to say how many allowed!!!!

Can you fooking believe this tulip? They authenticated me and said they can't do anything so further transactions today will also fail.

FFS - it's a fooking debit card, just how the fook they feel they are entitled to decide how many debit transactions I can make per day especially given that merchants pick the cost of those? FFS!

You shouldn't be making internet transactions with a debit card as you have no buyers protection and full liability if someone nicks the details.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You shouldn't be making internet transactions with a debit card as you have no buyers protection and full liability if someone nicks the details.
      That's not entirely true - in case of fraud you will get your money, it might just take longer. I do reasonably trust Amazon however and I don't like to be in debt.

I reckon it's a ploy by banks to make you use credit card instead

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        That's not entirely true - in case of fraud you will get your money, it might just take longer. I do reasonably trust Amazon however and I don't like to be in debt.

I reckon it's a ploy by banks to make you use credit card instead
        Use a credit card and simply pay it off in full every month. You will get buyers and fraud protection and you can get cards that give you cash back/airmiles, the more you spend the more you get and you'll improve your credit rating by paying it off every month by direct debit.

HTH

Comment

WDPS+1

AtW - setup your Credit Card direct debit to pay the full amount off each month. That way you will pay no interest charges.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            AtW - setup your Credit Card direct debit to pay the full amount off each month. That way you will pay no interest charges.
            Yes, I've done that for business card will do for personal.

I generally only pay using credit card only to people I don't like - like council tax or unknown company. Don't like credit cards because they stitch up merchants who process them

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
              WDPS on both posts.

Use a credit card so you've got additional protection, get 60 days free and also cashback/rewards.

I've now got £400 in Tescos vouchers slushing around which works out as £1200 in rewards.

In addition do the money Xfer thing. I've taken out £35k from credit cards in the last few months at an average of 2.5% for 12 months and put it in a 5% tax free bond for the missus. Only mugs use cash.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Anyway the point is - the bank might decline transaction because of volume but if owner calls in on the phone and authenticates and says it should go ahead then bank should have no fooking right to say you can't have it that day. Value of transactions was low, I'll take it all the way up to the new CEO of Lloyds TSB

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  WDPS on both posts.

Use a credit card so you've got additional protection, get 60 days free and also cashback/rewards.

I've now got £400 in Tescos vouchers slushing around which works out as £1200 in rewards.

In addition do the money Xfer thing. I've taken out £35k from credit cards in the last few months at an average of 2.5% for 12 months and put it in a 5% tax free bond for the missus. Only mugs use cash.
                  Feck off seriously - this thread is not about which card to use you cretin.

Comment

This is from a man who struggles to order a sofa.

Comment

Working...
                    X