• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gingers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gingers

As we're all doomed if the interest rates rise/property market collapses/chavs get organised etc. what's the panel's view on the point of trying to conserve species on the brink of extinction, like the orangutan... which is what I put all me feckin' spare time into doing?!

Lost cause? ISTR something about Bill Gates saying that he wouldn't donate to primate conservation because it was a lost cause, but he has pumped a feckin' lot of cash into human causes so he's obviously not a stingy bloke.

Am I wasting me time or what, everyone, even chico ?
    Last edited by Arthur Guinness; 29 March 2006, 01:15.
    Look after your red cousins...
    www.orangutan.org.uk

=( : ( ))

Bkack and white situation?

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness
    As we're all doomed if the interest rates rise/property market collapses/chavs get organised etc. what's the panel's view on the point of trying to conserve species on the brink of extinction, like the orangutan... which is what I put all me feckin' spare time into doing?!

Lost cause? ISTR something about Bill Gates saying that he wouldn't donate to primate conservation because it was a lost cause, but he has pumped a feckin' lot of cash into human causes so he's obviously not a stingy bloke.

a. Arthur, we're all going to die eventually. Does it matter that a bunch of big chimps also die?

b. All life on the planet goes the way of the dinosaur eventually. Why are you prolonging their agony. That's as bad as sending money to Ethiopa/Sudan/today's African crisis to save kids who are either going to die later of starvation or something worse, or will be killed in civil wars.

c. You're right, it's shocking, we have a duty to protect the lower species'.

d. I'll trade you one orangutan for 10 doleys anyday, now how do we go about changing their geographical locations?

e. Ermm, that's it.
    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness
      Be careful, I am sure HMG will already have a whole department of "Primate diversity co-ordinators" ready to accuse you of being only a supporter of Orangutans - what is wrong with the plight of poor Chimpanzees ? - is it cos they iz black ?

On a more serious note, it is a noble cause albeit I would imagine a difficult one with minimal public interest.

Comment

Working...
      X