• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever used the PayPal buyer complaints system?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever used the PayPal buyer complaints system?

I bought an item from a small business website shopping cart a week last Sunday and the item has failed to appear. The shopping cart was set up to pay via PayPal which is not unusual for a small time trader. The vendor isn't returning emails or answering ther phone so if the goods don't arrive today I am going to use the PayPal buyer compliants procedure to get a refund. Anyone here ever used it, does it work OK?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

It does work but it can be very slow. I remember getting a refund about 3 months later once from payoak, and replacement goods from the seller

Almost like paypal just pestered them and then made a refund themselves anyway assuming nothing got done
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      I bought an item from a small business website shopping cart a week last Sunday and the item has failed to appear. The shopping cart was set up to pay via PayPal which is not unusual for a small time trader. The vendor isn't returning emails or answering ther phone so if the goods don't arrive today I am going to use the PayPal buyer compliants procedure to get a refund. Anyone here ever used it, does it work OK?
      Only Ebay. But I thought you could reverse a payment with Paypal (chargeback or something)
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Thanks, if it doesn't turn up today I'll ask the vendor to make a refund via PayPal and if that doesn't happen within 24 hours then I'll put it into the complaints process.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Thanks, if it doesn't turn up today I'll ask the vendor to make a refund via PayPal and if that doesn't happen within 24 hours then I'll put it into the complaints process.
          In the meantime you could buy a puncture outfit to repair the old one and give it a bit of a clean.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            It does work but it can be very slow. I remember getting a refund about 3 months later once from payoak, and replacement goods from the seller

Almost like paypal just pestered them and then made a refund themselves anyway assuming nothing got done
            WHS, very slow, but almost always works in favour of you the buyer.

Comment

Thanks, I should think that if goods don't arrive and there's no communication from the vendor, then it would work 100% in favour of the buyer. Kind of puts you off dealing with a smaller trader when I could have bought the exact same thing from Amazon for about £10 more and had it delivered the next day. Live and learn I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                In the meantime you could buy a puncture outfit to repair the old one and give it a bit of a clean.
                The glue doesn't stick.

Comment

Working...
                X