• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-PC TV programmes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-PC TV programmes

I was wondering what TV programmes are too offensive or politically incorrect to show any more.

Love Thy Neighbour I assume, and I haven't seen the Black and White Minstrels recently either.

Are there any others?

Benny Hill for starters
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Mind Your Language.

Comment

One or two of the Goodies episodes.

Comment

The Jim Davidson Show.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It ain't 'alf hot mum.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Captain Pugwash.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Captain Pugwash.
                Because of Seaman Stains and Roger the Cabin Boy? (Urban myth).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tom and Jerry.

I read some recent DVD box sets have been censored or altered, from the black face charleston dance after every explosion to Tom's owner no longer being a stereotypical deep south black woman.

While I used to enjoy T & J as a kid I'm now worried I've been brainwashed at an early age and am now a racist. Who do I sue?
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Tom and Jerry.

I read some recent DVD box sets have been censored or altered, from the black face charleston dance after every explosion to Tom's owner no longer being a stereotypical deep south black woman.

While I used to enjoy T & J as a kid I'm now worried I've been brainwashed at an early age and am now a racist. Who do I sue?
                    A couple of years ago there was a cartoon series on an Italian channel I can get.

Cartoons going back as far as the 1940s. Anti-Nazi propaganda (OK for the time, but pretty extreme and blatant), Deep South blacks, chain smoking characters, the lot. Also a lot of perfectly innocuous stuff in the mix, of course. This was scheduled as a kids' programme.

I doubt that many of those would have been allowed on TV in the UK or US, even 20 or 30 years ago.

Bugs Bunny is very good in Italian BTW, especially when he sings.
                    Last edited by Sysman; 14 June 2011, 15:49.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X