• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much should a teenager pay for rent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much should a teenager pay for rent

I'm a stagehand on an amateur production of Rent, the musical. The staging, acting and singing is of a very high standard. Shame the bleeding heart, liberalist story is so full of cliché and stereotype, with self-indulgent, whining, unsympathetic characters, accompanied by mostly instantly forgettable, bland tunes.

I was at rehearsals all weekend. Dress rehearsal tonight. I can only imagine it was a Broadway smash hit because it has the kind of over-sentimentalism that septics love, appeals to those who think saying "f***" on stage is really edgy, and the author died 2 hours before the first showing.

The more I see and hear of it, the more I hate it. Unremitting crap.

And they're charging 50CHF a ticket. Way too much for a teenager - the only age group who'd be interested in seeing this dross.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

You haven't got the hang of these unfunny comedy thread titles yet.

Your title should have been "How much should a teenager pay for rent". Then you could have explained that it was dross and hugely overpriced.

It probably wouldn't have been funny (as they never are these days) but you would have marks for effort.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Your title should have been "How much should a teenager pay for rent". Then you could have explained that it was dross and hugely overpriced.
      Fixed that - thanks.

Coincidentally, I am working as a stagehand for a production of Rent. And it really is dire.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Fixed that - thanks.

Coincidentally, I am working as a stagehand for a production of Rent. And it really is dire.
        All stage musicals are dire and few of the actors can sing.

Try seeing if you can get through a full episode of Elaine Paige On Sunday (Radio 2).

(Hint: the only way I managed this was when I was very ill and the remote control battery was flat)
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X