• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sodcasting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodcasting

Article on the beeb about those irritating tw Ats on the bus/tube/train who play music from their phones:

BBC News - Why do people play music in public through a phone?

A group of schoolchildren on the 277 bus in Hackney, East London, don't all think that what they are doing is wrong.

"I wouldn't agree [that it was anti-social]," says one.

"The people who think it's anti-social don't really listen to this type of music."

A second agrees that the bus would be dull without a little bit of music.

"Fair enough, it might be anti-social but the bus is always quiet," she says. "You need something to listen to, right? We give you [something] to listen to."
    kind of missed the point?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Stupid little morons. I hate it when the kids on the bus do that.

I was on the bus in Manchester the other day and some girl was opening her payslips (she had about 3 months worth) and she just threw the tear off bits on the floor. Brazen as you like. I wanted to tell her that there was no bin down there but I was too scared
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Meh

I had high hopes for this thread assuming it was going to be about some sort of obscure West Country tradition of throwing lumps of earth.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The problem with technology is the people you give it to.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The problem with technology is the people you give it to.
          The post above yours the case in point?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I hate people who eat on trains. Some fat bird sat next to me tonight shovelling a Greggs pasty down her gob. She was only on the train for ten minutes. How some people can't live without eating for ten minutes is beyond me. To be honest, she could have probably gone without food for ten weeks without too much trouble.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              I hate people who eat on trains. Some fat bird sat next to me tonight shovelling a Greggs pasty down her gob. She was only on the train for ten minutes. How some people can't live without eating for ten minutes is beyond me. To be honest, she could have probably gone without food for ten weeks without too much trouble.
              Nothing wrong with a bit of Chavoflage!

Comment

Working...
              X