• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funniest advert mail from an umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funniest advert mail from an umbrella

Do contractors know their limits?

If your take home pay is too good to be true, then it most probably is.

T***** will help you take home up to 85% of your income and we'll give you an iPad 2* at the same time.

*£300 cash alternative available. Terms and conditions apply.
    Have nothing to say about this.

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    Like it.

Honest.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
      'Up to' is a meaningless claim.

My broadband is 'up to' 24Mbps, I get 4Mbps.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Not really.

Your broadband is 4MBps. The package you are paying for covers anyone whose broadband speed falls in the range of 0.5MBps to 24MBps.

Pedantic I know, but I hate when folk moan saying my broadband is upto X and I only get X minus whatever.

Some people will be lucky and get close to 24MBs, others like you will be much lower.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

It's not meaningless.

It means that no one on that package gets more than 24Mbps.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I fully understand why I don't get 24Mbps and I've never complained, just using it as a comparison.

Although it's factualy correct ISP's have been rapped for using it as it can be missleading at best, they never say "Average speed of 7Mbps" in the headline and "Up to 24Mbps" in the small print do they.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm supposed to get 50Mb and I only get 47.5

Comment

Working...
              X