• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Proposal for Improving CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Proposal for Improving CUK

Ostracism: Ostracism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ancient Athenians used it as a device to exile individuals who threatened the stability of society. Each year, the people was asked if they wished to ostracise an individual, and if the answer was yes, there would be a ballot.

I would propose that each month, the two posters with the highest number of infractions received that month (or more than two posters in the event of a greater than two-way tie for 1st place or a tie for 2nd place) are placed in a poll and CUK posters can vote on who should be banned for a month. I feel this would have the following benefits:

- Discouraging bad behaviour
    - Punishing bad behaviour
    - Removing miscreants from the board

OG

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

The ancient Athenians used it as a device to exile individuals who threatened the stability of society. Each year, the people was asked if they wished to ostracise an individual, and if the answer was yes, there would be a ballot.

I would propose that each month, the two posters with the highest number of infractions received that month (or more than two posters in the event of a greater than two-way tie for 1st place or a tie for 2nd place) are placed in a poll and CUK posters can vote on who should be banned for a month. I feel this would have the following benefits:

OG
    OG, who's peed you off?

Been off the board for a bit.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      OG, who's peed you off?

Not at all, just busy.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        OG, who's peed you off?

He must of stopped shaking his head from side to side and his pea sized brain has recovered enough to try and come up with an idea?

Fail -5/10
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          He must of stopped shaking his head from side to side and his pea sized brain has recovered enough to try and come up with an idea?

Fail -5/10
          That should be 'must have stopped'. 'Must of stopped' is an incorrect form used by semi-literate cretins who just listen to how they mumble words and then try to write the sounds down as best they can.

HTH

Comment

That should be 'must have stopped'. 'Must of stopped' is an incorrect form used by semi-literate cretins who just listen to how they mumble words and then try to write the sounds down as best they can.

HTH
            Woah! Back off, the poor lad is a yank.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

OG
              This is not "Lord of the Flies" - live with it.

Comment

OG
                That's me gone then
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  This is not "Lord of the Flies" - live with it.
                  That would be even better.

Comment

That would be even better.
                    No it wouldn't.

Perhaps you need a break from the forum.

Just so that you can distinguish between this little room and the big blue room out there...

Comment

Working...
                    X