• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woe, woe, and thrice woe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woe, woe, and thrice woe

My beloved Super Monkey Car has undergone a catastrophic failure of its rear suspension - a fracture of the nearside trailing arm, to be precise

I managed to nurse it along to a parking place across the road from Newnham College, and was able to drive it onto the RAC truck for transportation to my parents' place pending final disposal.

There are no words to express my sadness over what seems to be the absolute demise of this most wondrous of vehicles

Shortly before this catastrophe we had driven past Jeffrey Archer's home in Grantchester. Coincidence?

Commiserations. It's quite a blow to lose a beloved companion and partner in crime.

Have you got a quote? You should at least make such a momentous decision armed with all the facts.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My beloved Super Monkey Car has undergone a catastrophic failure of its rear suspension - a fracture of the nearside trailing arm, to be precise

I managed to nurse it along to a parking place across the road from Newnham College, and was able to drive it onto the RAC truck for transportation to my parents' place pending final disposal.

There are no words to express my sadness over what seems to be the absolute demise of this most wondrous of vehicles

Shortly before this catastrophe we had driven past Jeffrey Archer's home in Grantchester. Coincidence?
      What car is it? If the rest is it is in good condition go for a replacement trailing arm.

I have regretted scrapping cars for minor problems in the past such as the original Fiat 500 and a 1952 Mercedes 190.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Trying to steal his statues again? That really would **** up your suspension. That and giving Threaded a lift.

Btw, has Mr Hawking tried to run you over yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          ......and a 1952 Mercedes 190.
          What was the minor problem? That's a crime.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

You should be able to get a new trailing arm and bush kit for less than £150 plus the labour to fit it.

Definately worth getting a quote first. Any decent garage should be able to give you a ball park figure over the phone.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sometimes it's just better to let go

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                You should be able to get a new trailing arm and bush kit for less than £150 plus the labour to fit it.

Definately worth getting a quote first. Any decent garage should be able to give you a ball park figure over the phone.
                Somewhere at home I must have the bill from when the offside trailing arm went a few years ago.

It took nearly a week to get the part that time. The garage chap explained that "Ford have got the part, they're just not sure where it is" to which I replied "Don't tell me, it's in a box in the loft and they can't remember which one?"

I'd like to keep it going but there are other bits that either need doing or will very soon, so I'm not sure its viable

Comment

Somewhere at home I must have the bill from when the offside trailing arm went a few years ago.

It took nearly a week to get the part that time. The garage chap explained that "Ford have got the part, they're just not sure where it is" to which I replied "Don't tell me, it's in a box in the loft and they can't remember which one?"

I'd like to keep it going but there are other bits that either need doing or will very soon, so I'm not sure its viable
                  A ford, what? Zephyr?, get it done. 02 Focus with < 50K, get it done. 1995 Fiesta with galactic miles then it's curtains.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    A ford, what? Zephyr?, get it done. 02 Focus with < 50K, get it done. 1995 Fiesta with galactic miles then it's curtains.
                    1989 Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia Mk. II

Comment

Working...
                    X