• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In hot water

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In hot water

On Jeremey Vine's show on Radio 2 at the moment - Labour politician advocating that the Government should legislate so that we will all have to have a mixer tap that regulates the temperature of our bath water. It will be law to have to fit a special thermostat. Is it me...............?

Originally posted by John Galt
    On Jeremey Vine's show on Radio 2 at the moment - Labour politician advocating that the Government should legislate so that we will all have to have a mixer tap that regulates the temperature of our bath water. It will be law to have to fit a special thermostat. Is it me...............?
    This is a response to some soppy mare putting her toddler in a scalding bath.
    Once again the Nanny state making sure numpties dont have to take responsibility for their actions.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

A libertarian is someone who can tell the difference between "I think or wish you wouldn't" and "It should be a criminal offence".

Not many in Labour, New or Old. Probably more in Old because they are there to "right wrongs" not because they have a vision of themselves as always knowing how other people should run their lives.

Not as many as one might wish in the Tories either, they're just close to having it their way already.

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
        You mean I'm not going to be allowed to have a scalding hot bath?

There will be legislation that we're to have waterproof toasters next.
        Already is ... (look for the symbol that is one square inside another (square))
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Ok so it can still rust.

Comment

Cracking. I will start selling hot water on the black market.

Comment

And how do you hope to produce it (the hot water, that is)?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You could just break into the local church hall and steal the tea urn.

Just a thought.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

They should also ban kettles, cooking, knives and electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
                    They should also ban kettles, cooking, knives and electricity.
                    And don't forget water.

People drown in water don't y'know.

Comment

Working...
                    X