• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When did computers stop being exciting and new?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did computers stop being exciting and new?

It seems that they are everywhere now, and increasingly hard to get excited about. Is it just because I'm getting old?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Do those popular beat combos sound too loud as well ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      It seems that they are everywhere now, and increasingly hard to get excited about. Is it just because I'm getting old?
      Buy yourself an exciting new computer, and you'll feel differently.

Comment

July 17th 1987, just after lunch time (pacific coast time)
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It was the day after they all became affordable...

Comment

Soon you will be able to have a computer tattooed on. You will connect to the net by wiggling your fingers and the image will appear at the back of your eyeballs.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Hardware is very boring these days.

The last trip I took into PC world to help find my dad a laptop was turned into a case of choosing between the red one or the blue one... feature wise they all seemed to be dual core 'something quick enough', running 64bit Win7, DVD writer, widescreen, bucket loads of storage, 3-4GB ram, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Hardware is very boring these days.

The last trip I took into PC world to help find my dad a laptop was turned into a case of choosing between the red one or the blue one... feature wise they all seemed to be dual core 'something quick enough', running 64bit Win7, DVD writer, widescreen, bucket loads of storage, 3-4GB ram, etc, etc.
                Exactly. Even supercomputers are just rack upon rack of black boxes these days. I want something that looks like a Cray 1 with cellular automata teeming across it's surface in glorious technicolor and a sexy robot voice.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I got reasonably excited when a colleague showed me his shiny new MacBook Pro with SSD disk late last year.

Not excited enough to buy one for myself though. Nice kit, but do I really need one?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    I got reasonably excited when a colleague showed me his shiny new MacBook Pro with SSD disk late last year.

Not excited enough to buy one for myself though. Nice kit, but do I really need one?
                    If everyone only bought what they needed the global economy would collapse
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X