• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bankers in sack-cloth & ashes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankers in sack-cloth & ashes!

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 11 June 2022, 08:08.

**** them in the arse with a pointy stick that has been bashed on the ground and then dipped in some dog poo so it's a mass of splinters with germs. That'll teach em.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
      The penance of the bankers needs to end - Telegraph

"Furthermore, Mr Osborne’s speech needs to mark an end to the era of banker-bashing. They made mistakes – but they have been required to wear sackcloth and ashes for long enough."

Oh PLEASE!! It must be so hard for the bankers. Sack-cloth and ashes is all they can afford out of their tiny little multi-million-pound bonuses from tax-payer's money. I feel so sorry for them. It must be a terrible punishment to be forced, no, not even forced but simply allowed to carry on as they were, as if there had never been a financial crisis, whilst people in other industries lose what little income they had as they are made redundant due to the spending cuts that are necessary to pay for the failure of bankers. There are some interesting posts in the comments section below that piece. I hope that whoever wrote the piece bothers to read them.

I always thought The Telegraph was a high-brow paper. They seemed to be always banging on about school-fees. What normal person could afford to send their kids to a private school? The fees for even one child would cost most of my net pay. These toffs need to take their blinkers off and take a look at the real world.

Jeff.
      (pissed off!)
      Join the bandwagon of whingers and losers why dont you?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

lay off bankers - they're heroes

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Join the bandwagon of whingers and losers why dont you?
        Right on - these guys are heroes, not like 18 year old mugs in Afghanistan, or mugs working in A & E on Saturday. They're heroes because they're smarter than me and you, and because me and you are paying for the economic crises they caused, then benefitted from. Suck on that, losers....

Comment

and of course none of you work in the banking sector!

agreed layoff the bankers cos its not like every banker caused the financial problems

Just dont buy in to this banker bashing tbh.

Comment

seriously the bankers were warned by a number of people before the crash happened - rather than act on it the continued as normal to satisfy stakeholder greed.

And now they want to continue as normal - no the pointless feckers who allowed this to happen because they were spineless yes men need to be strung up by the balls.

Not bashing bankers just think those responsible for it should still be paying like us tax payers...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              seriously the bankers were warned by a number of people before the crash happened - rather than act on it the continued as normal to satisfy stakeholder greed.

And now they want to continue as normal - no the pointless feckers who allowed this to happen because they were spineless yes men need to be strung up by the balls.

Not bashing bankers just think those responsible for it should still be paying like us tax payers...
              You mean like how the politicians were awarned also and who allowed all this to go on. The politicians who claimed to have ended boom and bust.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 11 June 2022, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
                  It's pretty obvious what needs to be done to sort out the banking industry, just as it was pretty obvious 8 to 10 years ago what needed to be done to nip the property market bubble in the bud before that got out of hand. And I'm saying that as a layman, not a property expert or banking expert.

So if it's so damn obvious, then why was neither disaster prevented?

... My guess is that powerful vested interests got in the way and influenced the decision makers to either scrap or at least water-down the necessary action. We've already seen how, not content with pocketing huge salaries and bonuses whilst bringing the UK economy to its knees, the bankers have then held the country to ransom by threatening to leave the UK if their cosy little apple-cart is upset. We should call their bluff and let them leave. Then let some other mug country bail them out next time they run their firms into the ground by gambling with other peoples' money.
                  I think we saw this same herd of sheep who supported Hitler on the premise that the Jews were to blame for the collapse of the German economy between the wars. Similarly losers like you who quite happily prospered in your well paid jobs or investments and subsequently believe that the world owes them a living decide to lay the blame squarely upon another group of people. We need bankers and we need banking more than we need whingers with chips on their shoulders like you.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Unwitting Catalyst View Post
                    Right on - these guys are heroes, not like 18 year old mugs in Afghanistan, or mugs working in A & E on Saturday. They're heroes because they're smarter than me and you, and because me and you are paying for the economic crises they caused, then benefitted from. Suck on that, losers....
                    And what contribution to society have you ever made?

Comment

Working...
                    X