• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Tickets 2nd Round

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Tickets 2nd Round

Does anyone know when the next round of olympic tickets will be available ?
    TIA

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Does anyone know when the next round of olympic tickets will be available ?
    TIA
    Am keen too find this out too. Got one set of tickets in the first round and want a load more.

Comment

It should be in the last week of June, but you'll only be able to apply if you got nothing in the first round.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was away and didnt realise the deadline came up.

Ideally I'd like to get two tickets for the opening ceremony. My mother went to the one in 1948 as a little girl, so ideally I'd like to try and get two and take her.

Initially someone mentioned £1000 per ticket, but I've also heard £2012 each. I'd probably pay £5k for two tickets, after that it's silly(well it's silly anyway).

They're bound to go on auction sites at some point. But when?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Ideally I'd like to get two tickets for the opening ceremony. My mother went to the one in 1948 as a little girl, so ideally I'd like to try and get two and take her.

Initially someone mentioned £1000 per ticket, but I've also heard £2012 each. I'd probably pay £5k for two tickets, after that it's silly(well it's silly anyway).

Openining Ceremony is background telly. Watch a bit of it and then it gets a bit boring watching athletes walk into a stadium. Most I would pay to go and watch that would be around £50 a ticket.

Comment

Thomas Cook are selling Opening ceremony breaks. It'll cost you £6.5k each though.

Linky

I doubt you'll get them any other way.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If I want to watch anything I will try and get tickets on the day. Last time I paid over the odds for tickets to a sporting event it rained and touts were stood outside trying to shift for £5 what I had paid £90 for.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I think they said the Opening Ceremony won't be in the second round ticket allocation as they are all gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  I think they said the Opening Ceremony won't be in the second round ticket allocation as they are all gone.
                  Most of the tickets have gone for all the decent events to fat cat CEOs.Everybody who I know that applid for tickets didn't get any.

I'll just go and watch the triathlon in hyde park. free.

Comment

Originally posted by rightfluff View Post
                    Most of the tickets have gone for all the decent events to fat cat CEOs.Everybody who I know that applid for tickets didn't get any.

I'll just go and watch the triathlon in hyde park. free.
                    We think we got two tickets but don't know what event they are for. I'm guessing that there may be some more tickets available after the test events have been run (won't apply to the events in the Olympic stadium though)

You can also see the marathon and road cycling for nothing.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X