• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German efficiency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German efficiency

is a myth.

Where is my pizza? It was ordered an hour ago.

And that i before e except after c is clearly bollocks as well.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    is a myth.

Where is my pizza? It was ordered an hour ago.

And that i before e except after c is clearly bollocks as well.
    Can you get proper pepperoni there? When I was there I wanted pepperoni, they only had pfefferoni, which was actually only salami. So I foolishly insisted on 'pfeffer' not 'salami' or 'pfefferoni', and got the weirdest pizza I'd ever seen, 12" pizza with three humongous red chillipeppers arranged in a triangle....

That was Vienna actually....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Can you get proper pepperoni there? When I was there I wanted pepperoni, they only had pfefferoni, which was actually only salami. So I foolishly insisted on 'pfeffer' not 'salami' or 'pfefferoni', and got the weirdest pizza I'd ever seen, 12" pizza with three humongous red chillipeppers arranged in a triangle....

That was Vienna actually....
      That is because pepperoni is German for chilli pepper. I have made the same mistake when I actually wanted peppers. I think you need to ask for Peperoni-Salami or something like that. I haven't tried though, I usually go for something with more veg.

They do some very nice little peppers stuffed with goats cheese one of the markets here. I bet they would be nice on a pizza.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X