• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PDF to Kindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF to Kindle

I have some PDF stuff I would like to put on my kindle.
    Searched the net, but would not like to download an exe with a recommend.

What do you use?

TIA
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Searched the net, but would not like to download an exe with a recommend.

What do you use?

TIA
    A4 printer and paper
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      If it is already in PDF format why not just mail them directly to the device?

Comment

You can read pdf's directly on the kindle. Or you can convert it to native kindle format using claibre calibre - E-book management
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Amazon.co.uk Help: Transferring, Downloading, and Sending Files

Easy. You email it, and you can choose it to be received as unchanged PDF or converted to Kindle format, with no need for Calibre.

1. Attach your document to a new e-mail or forward an existing e-mail that has a document attached. A subject is not necessary unless you would want to convert your PDF documents to the Kindle format. If you would like to convert your PDF document, simply type "Convert" in the subject title
          2. Send the e-mail to your Kindle e-mail address for wireless delivery directly to your Kindle; If your Kindle has Wi-Fi enabled, it will be delivered to your Kindle at no charge. A small fee will be charged for the wireless delivery over 3G.
          3. Personal documents in supported file formats smaller than 5 MB are typically delivered to your "name"@free.kindle.com or "name"@kindle.com e-mail address within five minutes (per document). Personal documents larger than 5 MB may take longer.
          4. Personal documents in some file formats (such as PDF files) may take longer.
          5. Your e-mail provider may have additional limitations on file size.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I just uploaded it to Amazon who send them to the Kindle.

Comment

Any idea on how to build a document table of contents?

I've transfered an eBook to my kindle just fine. But it would be nice to have a "Go To" for the chapters.
              Wibble

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                You can read pdf's directly on the kindle. Or you can convert it to native kindle format using claibre calibre - E-book management
                WPS

PDFs work ok on a Kindle, but you can convert them really easily with Calibre, nice little application.

Comment

I will try a few of the suggestions tonight.

Thanks everyone
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

As they all said.

You can either email them straight to the kindle which works well if there is not too many charts and graphs on each pdf page i.e. a pdf book as otherwise you have to magnify each part you want to read.

Or use Calibre to convert them. The thing is if you are converting something like a book in pdf you may find that you get the branding of the place where you got the pdf from in the middle of the page making it hard to read.

So you may need to do an experiment to see which works best for a group of pdfs.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X