• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can someone please explain this house buying scheme to me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please explain this house buying scheme to me

JC Flowers offers a punt on property - Telegraph

'The mortgage involves no monthly repayments and will give customers a 20pc deposit to buy a home in exchange for 40pc of any profit made from a later sale. Castle will pick up 20pc of any loss on a property. The mortgage is only open to Castle's investment customers who can fund 20pc of their house price purchase.

'

confused

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    JC Flowers offers a punt on property - Telegraph

'The mortgage involves no monthly repayments and will give customers a 20pc deposit to buy a home in exchange for 40pc of any profit made from a later sale. Castle will pick up 20pc of any loss on a property. The mortgage is only open to Castle's investment customers who can fund 20pc of their house price purchase.

'

confused

Milan.

Run it past AtW. He is the resident expert on housing matters.

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The article didn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'm out.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So the FSA top brass, who turned a blind eye to self cert mortgages and ridiculous loan to equity ratios etc, is launching it's own property pyramid scam.

You couldn't make this up. No doubt the funds are coming from the BoE at 0% interest rates.

s

Comment

It's simple.

They make lots of money whatever happens and somebody else gets shafted.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sounds dodgy to me.

It's probably true that the more complicated it is, the less people will fully understand it, and the more likely they'll get shafted.

Comment

Actually this could be a runner, if they just increased their share of the risk a bit more and put a notice period in, you could then change the title on the front of the contract to "Rental Agreement" this'll go like hot cakes.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Actually this could be a runner, if they just increased their share of the risk a bit more and put a notice period in, you could then change the title on the front of the contract to "Rental Agreement" this'll go like hot cakes.
                I knew a lass who bought a house through a housing association scheme for first time buyers back in the 1980s. She had a real fight on her hands when she tried to buy them out of their equity in the place.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  I knew a lass who bought a house through a housing association scheme for first time buyers back in the 1980s. She had a real fight on her hands when she tried to buy them out of their equity in the place.
                  From the looks of this scheme that scenario wouldn't arise as I strongly suspect there would be no way to buy out their 40% stake in any profits realised from the sale value.
                  The scheme looks pretty straight forwards to me, the finance company is on a guaranteed winner if the prices rise and has a very limited liability if they fall, I can't see HMG wanting the arse to fall out of the housing market so they will take steps to prop it up artificially. I'm sure there are some pretty aggressive T's & C's in their proposed contracts too.

Comment

Working...
                  X