• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six Sigma Blackbelt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six Sigma Blackbelt

Just done a few rounds with a Six Sigma blackbelt.

KPI this, distribution that, pareto that.

A little MF BI/MDX/OLAP Tae Kwondo later and he's retired to lick his wounds.

I don't give a tulip about your Bernoulli distribution talk English man!

Is this Six Sigma stuff any cop?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just done a few rounds with a Six Sigma blackbelt.

KPI this, distribution that, pareto that.

A little MF BI/MDX/OLAP Tae Kwondo later and he's retired to lick his wounds.

I don't give a tulip about your Bernoulli distribution talk English man!

Is this Six Sigma stuff any cop?
    Designed to create Corporate droids out of gullible morons. Someone here puts the fact that he has a black belt in his email signature. He may as well sign it with "I am a moronic twat".

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Designed to create Corporate droids out of gullible morons. Someone here puts the fact that he has a black belt in his email signature. He may as well sign it with "I am a moronic twat".
      But perhaps not as bad as geeks calling themselves ninjas because they can hack a bit
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

A Co. I was at a couple of years ago hired a middle manager who set the "5S" ball rolling. Another jargon-spewing, graph infested, millstone around the neck of progress. Are these schemes just a substitue for competant management?
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          competant management
          That's an oxymoron surely

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            That's an oxymoron surely
            I have known a couple, but literally only a couple.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

A Co. I was at a couple of years ago hired a middle manager who set the "5S" ball rolling. Another jargon-spewing, graph infested, millstone around the neck of progress. Are these schemes just a substitue for competant management?
              They are an acknowledgement that in a large organisation a few incompetents will sneak in and ruin the place unless you take measures to stop them.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Another jargon-spewing, graph infested, millstone around the neck of progress. Are these schemes just a substitue for competant management?
                I was going to reply with "its all a load of bollux" - but you have articulated it better
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  They are an acknowledgement that in a large organisation a few incompetents will sneak in and ruin the place unless you take measures to stop them.
                  A few? Once one incompetent sneaks in they start to multiply like mice (I did think about rabbits but mice breed quicker and have bigger families).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    They are an acknowledgement that in a large organisation a few competents will sneak in and ruin the place unless you take measures to stop them.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X