• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We demand equal Rights.....sometimes!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We demand equal Rights.....sometimes!!!

BBC News - Pensions Bill changes affecting women to be debated

It would appear that quite a few women are getting their girdles in a knot over what seems to me to be a perfectly acceptable notion.
    After decades of bra-burning, handcuffing themselves to railings, and throwing themselves under racehorses/MPs etc., they are now choosing to rebel against this latest piece of "equality in action". Apparently it is "unfair" to suggest that, as far as Pensions go, women should be expected to work as long as their male counterparts in order to qualify.

What do the panel think?

<dons kevlar body armour and retires inside his concrete blastproof bunker>

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Shouldn't men get the state pension earlier than women as we die younger on average
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I agree. It's one particular equality that has been "overlooked" and shouldn't be. Women typically live quite a bit longer so the pension companies won't object either.

(Now where did I put that asbestos suit, stab vest and titanium chainmail jumpsuit?)

Comment

I think it's reasonable that they retire earlier, they probably do an extra 5 years worth of work over the course of their working lives anyway what with all that housework, ironing and phallus worshipping.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I think it's reasonable that they retire earlier, they probably do an extra 5 years worth of work over the course of their working lives anyway what with all that gossiping, daytime TV, and retail therapy
          FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Since most of the women on this board will be retiring at the same time as you guys there isn't an issue any more.

The issue with the women in their late 50's is retirement planning.

Mucking around with people's retirement age when they are a few years off the age they thought they would retire means that people can't plan properly i.e. investments being in the wrong thing meaning they have lost money, taking money out of their pension at the wrong time, insurance policies.

However the issue on retirement age is actually bigger than these women and the problem is caused by issues that all governments have refused to face until recently.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              Shouldn't men get the state pension earlier than women as we die younger on average
              Depends on where you live in the country.

If you live in an area like Glasgow you should get it before you officially retire there as if you live in an area like Kensington and Chelsea you can wait another 5 years.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think the crux of the argument is that the Doris's are not happy that they get the bump to 65 in one go rather than gradually
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Mucking around with people's retirement age when they are a few years off the age they thought they would retire means that people can't plan properly i.e. investments being in the wrong thing meaning they have lost money, taking money out of their pension at the wrong time, insurance policies.
                  Well I admit that is a good point, however that would apply to some people regardless of when you make the introduction date, surely?

Comment

WSES +1

We all retire at the same age, as for the men dying earlier: that is a trend that should lessen as they stress less due to shared financial burdens from their (female) partners working longer
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X