• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar XF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguar XF

Anyone got one/drove one?

Thinking of replacing the old Alfa - she's getting a bit ragged now, and it's cam belt time and car not really worth it....

Originally posted by stek View Post

Thinking of replacing the old Alfa - she's getting a bit ragged now, and it's cam belt time and car not really worth it....
    I've test driven one and I admit I was impressed, nice car to be in, very comfy interior, well laid out, plenty of power, but not harsh and handles nicely.
    That being said it didn't feel much different to drive from my 2009 Mondeo which considering it can be argued they're not that distant cousins isn't that surprising.

Comment

Other popular vehicles by the owner of Jaguar:

1,2,3 "It's a Jag"

I did think about an XK RS this one time until I tried sitting in the back seats.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        I've test driven one and I admit I was impressed, nice car to be in, very comfy interior, well laid out, plenty of power, but not harsh and handles nicely.
        That being said it didn't feel much different to drive from my 2009 Mondeo which considering it can be argued they're not that distant cousins isn't that surprising.
        I like my gadgets and the XF bobby basic seems to have plenty. My current modus transporti is a 2002 Alfa 166 140k miles now, has all the toys, satnav builtin etc butq it's starting to rattle and squeak now and on a 275 trip it's a bit wearing...

I'm actually considering a late model Mondeo too!! Just a bit worried that the toy-level is a bit too low on most of the ones on the forecourt.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          How can you argue they are not distant cousins? If they are any kind of cousins - it's very distant. The XF is a rear-wheel drive car with no suspension compenents in common with the Mondeo which is front drive. Early XFs used the Ford 3.0 V6 petrol engine that was dropped from the Ford and has now been dropped from the XF, leaving no engines in common, until the recent announcement of a 2.2d version of the XF, but since that engine is also used in Peugeots, Citroens, and Land Rovers as well as the Mondy, that makes them all distant cousins.

Are you confusing the XF with the X-type? The X-type and Old Mondeo shared quite a bit - which is why bits of the braking system on my 2005 Mondy were stamped "Jaguar", but the X-type is no more and there's not a lot in common between any Fords and Jags any more (and it was mainly electrical anyway - hence my current 05 Jag XJ's Tyre Pressure sensor valves are stamped "FoMoCo" - the US manadated TPM systems a while ago because septics can't be bothered to check their tyres)

Comment

I like my gadgets and the XF bobby basic seems to have plenty. My current modus transporti is a 2002 Alfa 166 140k miles now, has all the toys, satnav builtin etc butq it's starting to rattle and squeak now and on a 275 trip it's a bit wearing...

I'm actually considering a late model Mondeo too!! Just a bit worried that the toy-level is a bit too low on most of the ones on the forecourt.

Dunno what gadgets you like but the Mondeo has a lot for not much - loads of later (post 07) models have usb stereo connections and voice commands - the iPod connection and voice control were options on the Jag until recently - and it's far easier (and cheaper) to find a Mondeo with HID lights.

Comment

I never had one but I accidentally pulled the front valance off of one in Southampton Station Car park whilst driving my truck.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Mate has just got one and I have been trying to justify why I should get one ever since. It is a very nice place to be and I think they look superb inside and out. Newer 3.0d much better than the older 2.7 apparently. Plenty fast enough and very comfortable over long distances. They are big though, if that's a concern, you don't always notice until they are next to other cars.
                I WANT ONE !!!

Comment

I am toying between a XF or a 5 Series when I replace the MG, my head say's the 5, my heart say's the Jag
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Dunno what gadgets you like but the Mondeo has a lot for not much - loads of later (post 07) models have usb stereo connections and voice commands - the iPod connection and voice control were options on the Jag until recently - and it's far easier (and cheaper) to find a Mondeo with HID lights.
                    WPBS. I have a 10 plate Mondeo Titanium X. Loads of gadets, USB, Digital Radio (which is excellent) Bluetooth, 6 CD changer, Leccy seats, Auto lights and wipers, adaptive auto headlamps, Keyless entry etc etc.

Comfortable and drives nicely on long trips.

Oh, and the boot is huge. Easily got all Sons kit, including his bike, in the back to bring him home from Uni.
                    Last edited by DaveB; 21 June 2011, 09:54.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X