• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A bit nippy out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit nippy out there?

Snow falling in Colorado on eve of Summer Solstice

Snow Falling in Colorado on Eve of Northern Hemisphere

The calendar says summer starts tomorrow in the Northern Hemisphere. The snow falling in the mountains of Colorado tells a different story.

A storm that has prompted a tornado watch across Nebraska and Kansas today also left 2 to 4 inches of snow in the Rocky Mountains, said Joe Ramey, a weather service meteorologist in Grand Junction, Colorado.

“It is unusual,” Ramey said. “Here it is the last day of spring.”
    Mind you, things seem par for the time of year at Wimbledon and Glastonbury.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Talking of which, my son#3 is heading off there tomorrow and has been getting his tent/sleeping bag/torch/brolly/wellies etc. ready for the past day or so. I said to him "Have you got enough money?" "Yeah, I'll be fine. I have £20". FFS!!!! It is not as if this is his first Festival. Cue Mrs SB hysterically suggesting that I give him a load more dosh. Bloody Students!!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Talking of which, my son#3 is heading off there tomorrow and has been getting his tent/sleeping bag/torch/brolly/wellies etc. ready for the past day or so. I said to him "Have you got enough money?" "Yeah, I'll be fine. I have £20". FFS!!!! It is not as if this is his first Festival. Cue Mrs SB hysterically suggesting that I give him a load more dosh. Bloody Students!!!
      Glastonbury weather forecast:

Mud and more mud.

Ooh, I was right: Mud warning for Glastonbury
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        You don't think that might have been the planned result? That lad'll go far.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          You don't think that might have been the planned result? That lad'll go far.
          You may be onto something there Wobb. Too late now though!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            Snow falling in Colorado on eve of Summer Solstice

Snow Falling in Colorado on Eve of Northern Hemisphere

Solar activity is still very low.

Notice how the so called man made global warming hysteria peaked when solar activity peaked.

So, the climate, controlled by next doors Aygo, or by that big yellow thing in the sky?

Comment

Working...
            X