• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the difference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference

Whats the difference between a whinger, whiner, moaner, complainer or a nagger ?

There's this bloke in work, I phone him with a simple query and end up on the phone for half an hour.
    By the time I put the phone down, he has slagged everyone off, told me about his latest tooth problems, his dogs ill-health, and the fact that he cant afford a holiday this year

I think he's a moaner

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Someone in my family is like that.

I went round to a friend’s house and she was there, I'm sure I saw a small black cloud above her head. She went to sit in another chair and it followed her.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Whats the difference between a whinger, whiner, moaner, complainer or a nagger ?

There's this bloke in work, I phone him with a simple query and end up on the phone for half an hour.
      By the time I put the phone down, he has slagged everyone off, told me about his latest tooth problems, his dogs ill-health, and the fact that he cant afford a holiday this year

I think he's a moaner

I say he was more a "miserable bast**d" from what you've said. He's not from Glasgow, is he.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        He's not from Glasgow, is he.

Can't be. Said he was "in work".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          I say he was more a "miserable bast**d" from what you've said. He's not from Glasgow, is he.

He's from Brummieland. To be fair, he works hard and he's productive, but I think the telephone must be new technology down there

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            He's from Brummieland. To be fair, he works hard and he's productive, but I think the telephone must be new technology down there

You are not kidding. Many of them are still coming to terms with the bicycle.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X