• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies fishing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies fishing

Go phone call from agent and as I will be benched in a few weeks I am stating to look for something new. So she talked about a role that was good rate, welll matched skillset good industry/location, but they needed 2 references. I refused and asked who the client was, and she said they don't find out the clients name until they get interviews. I ended the call, then go this email!!!! Scum!!!!

Date: 20 Jun 2011 12:44
    Subject: ##
    To: <##>

Hi ##,

Many thanks for your time.

Please click here to enter your references from your most recent employers. It would be good, where possible, to show them to companies that are interested in you. This will really help you get the position you want as it creates credibility with your application.

Ideally the references you give will be/have been, your direct line manager at the company. Include your current/most recent employer; however they will not be approached without your prior written permis sion.

In addition, in reply to this email, it is important that you keep me updated with any details of where you have sent your CV and where you have been/are going for interview. This includes company applied for, location, role applied for and manager's name if possible.

This is so that any applications I make on your behalf will not damage any pre-existing applications, this will save wasting your time and help me work faster.

Finally, please keep me up to date with your employment situation i.e. interviews or job offers as it would be unfair to put you forward to anyone should your situation change.

Speak to you soon,

#####

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Go phone call from agent and as I will be benched in a few weeks I am stating to look for something new. So she talked about a role that was good rate, welll matched skillset good industry/location, but they needed 2 references. I refused and asked who the client was, and she said they don't find out the clients name until they get interviews. I ended the call, then go this email!!!! Scum!!!!
    Evolution do that all the time.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
    X