• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Logmein123/instantresolve scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logmein123/instantresolve scam

Anyone else had a call from some call centre numpty trying to hook you in via these sites.

My little friend was kept on the speaker phone for 33 mins whilst I ate some hula hoops and had a can of diet coke.

My favorite line was "No Sir, I am not from Microsoft, I am from Windows Operating System."

Apparently each of the entries in the event log contained upto a thousand viruses on my system.

As an aside. I never used to get these type of calls when I was with NTL. I get all manner of crap now I'm with BT.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Anyone else had a call from some call centre numpty trying to hook you in via these sites.

My little friend was kept on the speaker phone for 33 mins whilst I ate some hula hoops and had a can of diet coke.

My favorite line was "No Sir, I am not from Microsoft, I am from Windows Operating System."

Apparently each of the entries in the event log contained upto a thousand viruses on my system.

As an aside. I never used to get these type of calls when I was with NTL. I get all manner of crap now I'm with BT.
    Yes, I had that this morning. I said I use Linux and he hung up on me without a by your leave.

Comment

I also never get these calls on my NTL (now Virgin Media) line. This may be because it developed a fault around 2007 and still hasn't been fixed

Comment

I really couldn't be bothered the last time these knobs called, so I resorted to a rather unimaginative "piss off".
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I also never get these calls on my NTL (now Virgin Media) line. This may be because it developed a fault around 2007 and still hasn't been fixed

Sounds more like BT's hopelessness ....

Originally posted by zeitghost

I dumped NTL/VirginHell when they wanted to charge me for fixing their telephone line.

So that's £35/month you lost, you bearded twat.
          Really?

Virgin fix what I tell them to (in an old telewest area). Reported a phone line problem, they fixed it. Had a digibox being a pain and freezing (4 years old), came out and replaced it with a newer HD box.

A friend on sky had them try to charge him for a new sky digibox and he told them where to go to.

Also every year, I call up and complain saying "I can get X deal elsewhere", or, "You're offering new customers X and a free router when they sign up for 12 months", so they match that deal. Got two spare brand new routers stored away.

Complain and whine on the phone. Remind them of your length of service.

PS: Who uses a home phone anymore? I never touch the thing, I would like to get rid of it, but strangely saves me money on my cable bill.

Mobile contracts are so cheap nowadays, home phones are pointless.

So what's the scam script then? Wondering what they do?

Comment

I had one of these recently but told them I use a company in Luton that only charges 15 dollar.

He cursed 'Not him again!' and slammed down the phone.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Virgin fix what I tell them to (in an old telewest area). Reported a phone line problem, they fixed it. Had a digibox being a pain and freezing (4 years old), came out and replaced it with a newer HD box.
              They fixed it four or five times, but I only ever used it to fax timesheets to some agency that was trapped in a temporal vortex. Once I stopped dealing with them, getting it fixed seemed like more trouble than it was worth. I mentioned it to them recently when sorting out a broadband problem and they offered to send somebody round to fix it, but I told them not to bother as it would just break again.

PS: Who uses a home phone anymore? I never touch the thing, I would like to get rid of it, but strangely saves me money on my cable bill.

My sentiments exactly

Comment

I don't live in an area that's cabled so no choice but to have a home phone in order to get broadband despite the fact I use a mobile or VOIP exclusively for calls.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  I don't live in an area that's cabled so no choice but to have a home phone in order to get broadband despite the fact I use a mobile or VOIP exclusively for calls.
                  Same here, mobile for calls ....

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  They fixed it four or five times, but I only ever used it to fax timesheets to some agency that was trapped in a temporal vortex. Once I stopped dealing with them, getting it fixed seemed like more trouble than it was worth. I mentioned it to them recently when sorting out a broadband problem and they offered to send somebody round to fix it, but I told them not to bother as it would just break again.
                  Wow, they hadnt heard of email?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I had one of these recently but told them I use a company in Luton that only charges 15 dollar.

He cursed 'Not him again!' and slammed down the phone.
                    Do they say "$15 dollar love you long time"
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X