• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deflation - Queasing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deflation - Queasing

BoE policymaker Paul Fisher: 'More QE could be needed' - Telegraph

Basically if the high inflation starts to fall, the BoE will say "deflation on the way!" and print more billions, destroying the value of sterling even more, causing more imported inflation.

So it's inflation as far as the eye can see either way.

Gold Rises to New Record in British Pounds - Seeking Alpha

Oh and no chance of a base rate rise, not for years, maybe decades.

Comment

Isn't gold doing well. I've heard that once you start printing it can be very hard to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Oh and no chance of a base rate rise, not for years, maybe decades.
        Yey! Lol .....

The low base rate really helps me actually, my £450-£500 pm mortgage payments have been just over £300 pm for a while now ....

Saves me a lot of money. Yes inflation jacks up the cost of goods and wages dont rise in line with that, but Im getting a good saving on interest at the mo.

Using all spare money to modify the house, so after it's complete, what to do instead of a savings account? Buy gems?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Isn't gold doing well. I've heard that once you start printing it can be very hard to stop.
        Isnt it a shame one of our past governments sold a bulk of our reserve at one of the lowest prices.

It's doing vey well as well as other valuable metals and with concerns for global currencies, it will only get better. However when/if currencies stabilise and debt gets wiped off, prices could fall.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Basically if the high inflation starts to fall, the BoE will say "deflation on the way!" and print more billions, destroying the value of sterling even more, causing more imported inflation.

So it's inflation as far as the eye can see either way.
        I think people are short sighted when they think the UK has issues.

Yes, there are upcoming issues, with the americans. The federal bank is fudging figures and very close to defaulting on debt. The US dollar could plummet in value, especially if they default on chinese lending and countries worldwide look to other more stable currencies.

If the US dollar or Euro goes down, so do we. That is far more likely before the GBP failing of its own accord.

Comment

Working...
        X