• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zopa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zopa

Anyone use Zopa? I've just finished going through my credit check, got my direct debit sorted and I am about to transfer some funds?

Any CUK poster have any experience of this and willing to lend a helping hand?

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone use Zopa? I've just finished going through my credit check, got my direct debit sorted and I am about to transfer some funds?

Any CUK poster have any experience of this and willing to lend a helping hand?

I believe DimPrawn has (sorry)
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No, but let us know how it works out .....

I believe it is something like 8% average after peeps who default? Not a bad rate!

One way to really make money is through legalised theft. Set up the next wonga (4214%), lending stream (3712% or around there) or quickquid (1718% or so) ....

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
        No, but let us know how it works out .....

I believe it is something like 8% average after peeps who default? Not a bad rate!

One way to really make money is through legalised theft. Set up the next wonga (4214%), lending stream (3712% or around there) or quickquid (1718% or so) ....
        So I believe 8% minus bad debt of 1.5-2% depending on how it falls.

I have heard of someone who reckoned they had £200k in Zopa and was returning 8% with no bad debt, but frankly I think that's a Jimmy Hill recon type story, so I'd thought I'd try it myself considering I've had a Zopa account since 2005 but never actually bothered to use it.

Going to start with £500.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          So I believe 8% minus bad debt of 1.5-2% depending on how it falls.

I have heard of someone who reckoned they had £200k in Zopa and was returning 8% with no bad debt, but frankly I think that's a Jimmy Hill recon type story, so I'd thought I'd try it myself considering I've had a Zopa account since 2005 but never actually bothered to use it.

Going to start with £500.
          Just think, this time next month you could have £40 in your pocket to spend on any old thing ya like
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Just think, this time next month you could have £40 in your pocket to spend on any old thing ya like
            Big trees from small acorns. MF has very small acorns his wife tells me.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Big trees from small acorns. MF has very small acorns his wife tells me.
              I wouldn't knock the home PC fix thing. A few years ago when I was on the bench I advertised such a service and was pulling in £300-400 per week, small beer but kept the war chest intact and I made some good small business contacts which led to better paid work.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Just think, this time next YEAR you could have £40 in your pocket to spend on any old thing ya like
                FTFM !!
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                X